The Student Room Group

What's the best type of cheese?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
:eek4:

I shall check with her majesty and get back to you, but the divine ruling last I looked favoured broccoli as a cheese.:yep::yep:

:lol:

I just said not all vegetables :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by 8472
Gruyère

True, really true! maybe quite expensive, but a nice cheese to gratin. If I do gratin again, I choose gruyere again! :h:
Halloumi cheese is the best
I swear that poll option said Stilton/blue cheeses when I voted for it. :grumble: Stilton wouldn't be my favourite on that list. :no:
Reply 44
Original post by Kallisto
True, really true! maybe quite expensive, but a nice cheese to gratin. If I do gratin again, I choose gruyere again! :h:

Yes. I last had it in mid january when my german side of the family came over for my Grandpa's funeral. A couple of days after the funeral we were kind of having a final feast before they traveled back to munich. We had the most epic cheese selection, meat salad, breads and chutneys. It was totally divine and the gruyere stood out for sure.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Oh yeah - my mum is veggie and the ‘veggie fish and chips’ is with halloumi. Although my partner is also veggie and couldn’t have the halloumi and chips the other day in a pub but it didn’t quite so why, maybe it’s cooked in lard or something from an animal.

I love halloumi. Tbf I would eat any cheese. I had a sticky toffee pudding cheese once which was really weirdly nice :tongue:

I've googled Halloumi just now and rennet is what they curdle the milk with, so strictly speaking an animal will have died at some point in the production chain. Depends how much research you do and how picky you are I guess :dontknow:

Sticky toffee pudding cheese sounds like an absolute abomination but I would also like to buy 10 kilos of it.
Double Gloucester
Wensleydale with cranberries
halloumi > any other food
Now I’m just thinking of mozzarella sticks and getting hungry :lol:

Omg mozzarella sticks....luv themmmm
Original post by 8472
Yes. I last had it in mid january when my german side of the family came over for my Grandpa's funeral. A couple of days after the funeral we were kind of having a final feast before they traveled back to munich. We had the most epic cheese selection, meat salad, breads and chutneys. It was totally divine and the gruyere stood out for sure.

Oh my, I don't know you have German relatives. That gives me a big smile! :biggrin: Do you know emmental cheese? it is not a German one, but very good for gratinate too. :smile:
I like cheese strings.
Reply 51
Oh however will I cope(?!)
Baked camenburg
For me, the best type of cheese is knob cheese, otherwise known as smegma or smeg
In terms of eating cheeses as cheeses, rather than in things or on things etc, I'm madly into comté.

I also really like Gouda, but it's far better when it's aged.

I really dislike blue cheese. I think it's probably an acquired taste but I can't stand it long enough to acquire it.

Halloumi is a big, squeaky, overrated nothing.
Reply 55
I love cheese but it doesnt love me enough. So ive been super excited to discover lactofree brie. Its amazeballs! Now i have a mild and strong cheddar i can eat too. its the soft cheeses which arent that good but im allowed some lactose so i use my allowance on soft cheeses
Reply 56
So many tasty cheese but i have to go with a good old Stilton.
Reply 57
Parmasan for pasta
What's your favourite type of cheese?

I LOVE cheese and have it with at least one meal a day :colondollar: I still can't decide what my favourite is, maybe smoked applewood or brie :holmes: :love:

I love both mozzerella and cheddar but there wasnt an option for both so I chose Cheddar :frown:
How is parmesan / parmigiano not on the list!?

Quick Reply

Latest