The Student Room Group

Further Maths GCSE

So I'm going to be doing the further maths gcse but I know very little of a syllabus, does anyone have any tips on how to learn the content like sites, vids etc?
Original post by Lubz_04
So I'm going to be doing the further maths gcse but I know very little of a syllabus, does anyone have any tips on how to learn the content like sites, vids etc?

I have the same problem.
do you have a teacher? I don't.
Reply 2
Original post by Baza2002
I have the same problem.
do you have a teacher? I don't.

My maths teacher doesn’t have time to teach the further maths syllabus. So I’m sorta screwed, I’m more than happy to teach myself but I’d rather learn the content first than do 74367262 past papers that I won’t get.
(edited 6 years ago)
do you have the revision guide?
Reply 4
do you have the revision guide?

I only got told last week I’m doing it so I’m not prepared at all and have 0 resources.
Original post by Lubz_04
I only got told last week I’m doing it so I’m not prepared at all and have 0 resources.

I could help you. I have the revision guide but no teacher so if you want we could message each other and go through it together?
Reply 6
I could help you. I have the revision guide but no teacher so if you want we could message each other and go through it together?

Yeah sure! Thanks a lot :smile:
Original post by Lubz_04
Yeah sure! Thanks a lot :smile:

want to start in 10 minutes?
(what grade are you hoping for in your maths gcse?)
Reply 8
want to start in 10 minutes?
(what grade are you hoping for in your maths gcse?)

Yeah sure I should be free. I’m predicted an 8, I want a 7 minimum. For FM I’m alright with a 6 tbh. I wanna do maths for A Level but not FM. Wbu?
Original post by Lubz_04
Yeah sure I should be free. I’m predicted an 8, I want a 7 minimum. For FM I’m alright with a 6 tbh. I wanna do maths for A Level but not FM. Wbu?

I wanna do maths fm maths and physics at a level. I'm predicted an 8 but want a 9 in maths
I'll be happy with a B in fm gcse but hopefully I will somehow get an A
Reply 10
I wanna do maths fm maths and physics at a level. I'm predicted an 8 but want a 9 in maths
I'll be happy with a B in fm gcse but hopefully I will somehow get an A

Physics is the only science I’m not gonna do lmao I hateeeee it. Good luck I’m sure if you apply yourself you’ll get a 9!

Quick Reply

Latest