The Student Room Group

Young Pakistani Muslim.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anonymousxo98
OH MY GOD, I didn’t realise you meant leadership within Pakistan. But nah, definitely. I agree with what you’ve said. Pakistan is rather behind on their healthcare, education and just legal system in many parts of the country.

True that, although I haven't been since 10 years, hope things have gotten better there :smile:. I am optimistic that Pakistan's future is gonna be bright. So, do you travel often? How many countries have you been to?
Original post by peeked
Many people are asking him/her questions. They don’t need to have done ‘something amazing or extraordinary’ to be allowed to ask others to ask them question if they want. This thread has lot of replies as well so some people do ‘want to ask’ this person questions.

?? That does not make any sense at all. What would asking a random person who hasn't done anything great or anything help anyone? Its like asking a homeless man how he succeeded in life.
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
True that, although I haven't been since 10 years, hope things have gotten better there :smile:. I am optimistic that Pakistan's future is gonna be bright. So, do you travel often? How many countries have you been to?

Travel throughout England quite a lot. Countries?no. I’ve been Pakistan once and that was after 17 years and it was so beautiful and natural but other parts were rather industrialised. Yeah, Pakistan can be a really good country if they tried. It can prosper under the right leadership, but right now it’s just full of corruption and money hungry men. Have you travelled much?
Travel throughout England quite a lot. Countries?no. I’ve been Pakistan once and that was after 17 years and it was so beautiful and natural but other parts were rather industrialised. Yeah, Pakistan can be a really good country if they tried. It can prosper under the right leadership, but right now it’s just full of corruption and money hungry men. Have you travelled much?

Wow, 17 years! It must have been a thrilling experience for you then. I have not been to many countries, have visited the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Oman so far since it's very near to the UAE where I was born and raised in :smile: Am planning to visit the EU and the UK in the near future, insha' Allah.
(edited 6 years ago)
Wow, 17 years! It must have been a thrilling experience for you then. I have not been to many countries, have visited the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Oman so far since it's very near to the UAE where I was born and raised in :smile: Am planning to visit the EU and the UK in the near future, insha' Allah.

Two beautiful countries, wow. I want to travel the Middle East after university. Oh, I thought you were from the UK.

Yeah, Pakistan was beautiful. I plan to go next year and actually explore rather than just visiting family
Reply 86
Original post by DarkIronsBarzakh
?? That does not make any sense at all. What would asking a random person who hasn't done anything great or anything help anyone? Its like asking a homeless man how he succeeded in life.

No the point is that it doesn’t matter what they’ve done, people are just randomly asking them questions some of them to do with the fact this person is Pakistani. People have the choice whether they want to ask something and looking at this thread it looks like lots of people have asked.
Two beautiful countries, wow. I want to travel the Middle East after university. Oh, I thought you were from the UK.

I am one of the odd Pakistanis here :lol: Majority of Pakistanis on tsr are from the UK. Do plan a visit to the UAE, we have an upcoming "expo 2020 Dubai" in two years, major projects are happening as a result of this upcoming expo. It will be a great experience for you.
Yeah, Pakistan was beautiful. I plan to go next year and actually explore rather than just visiting family

Go for it! Try to explore the hidden beauty of Pakistan as much as you can :smile:
I have seen a video on YouTube about Naran Valley, here it is, enjoy!
[video]https://youtu.be/_FyjK2CMLKw[/video]
I am one of the odd Pakistanis here :lol: Majority of Pakistanis on tsr are from the UK. Do plan a visit to the UAE, we have an upcoming "expo 2020 Dubai" in two years, major projects are happening as a result of this upcoming expo. It will be a great experience for you.

Bet life is different there compared to here. I’m planning to visit after university! So soon, maybe? && I’ll be sure to check that link out!!
Bet life is different there compared to here. I’m planning to visit after university! So soon, maybe? && I’ll be sure to check that link out!!

There's no difference between London and Dubai, you will feel at home. UAE is less strict compared with other GCC countries and every one here has more of a western lifestyle. Sure, you will be surprised to see what Pakistan has to offer!
There's no difference between London and Dubai, you will feel at home. UAE is less strict compared with other GCC countries and every one here has more of a western lifestyle. Sure, you will be surprised to see what Pakistan has to offer!

I’m not from London! So it probably will be different
I’m more from the Kashmir side so I’ve explored that but not Pakistan.
I’m not from London! So it probably will be different
I’m more from the Kashmir side so I’ve explored that but not Pakistan.

I see. It's pretty much like a mini new York with densely packed high rise buildings. Wait for CPEC route to be complete, the travel experience will be immensely improved. I haven't visited northern Pakistan, will definitely try going to Pakistan this summer or next year and explore every region of it!
I see. It's pretty much like a mini new York with densely packed high rise buildings. Wait for CPEC route to be complete, the travel experience will be immensely improved. I haven't visited northern Pakistan, will definitely try going to Pakistan this summer or next year and explore every region of it!

Hate tall buildings! But it sounds so modern. Is there any natural beauty around?&&yes, you must visit northern Pakistan!
Hate tall buildings! But it sounds so modern. Is there any natural beauty around?&&yes, you must visit northern Pakistan!

Yes, there is a city called Al Ain in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and is also know as the garden city. It's a lush green area with mountains and it's was a major oasis during old times where people used to settle during the times when bedouins used to migrate from one place to another, Al Ain and Liwa were only the places where you could find settlements before 1930s, these places had access to fresh water and date palms. Things have changed alot since then. Here is the city's video.
https://youtu.be/jRYnBBlRRyM
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes, there is a city called Al Ain in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and is also know as the garden city. It's a lush green area with mountains and it's was a major oasis during old times where people used to settle during the times when bedouins used to migrate from one place to another, Al Ain and Liwa were only the places where you could find settlements before 1930s, these places had access to fresh water and date palms. Things have changed alot since then. Here is the city's video.
https://youtu.be/jRYnBBlRRyM

Oh god, the video does highlight some of its beauty. Increases my urge to travel there🤦🏾*♀️
are bengali's at equal status with pakistani's because from my knowledge people catergorise bengalis as inferior. what is your opinion
Oh god, the video does highlight some of its beauty. Increases my urge to travel there🤦🏾*♀️

You are welcome there anytime :smile:
Original post by chloewright11
are bengali's at equal status with pakistani's because from my knowledge people catergorise bengalis as inferior. what is your opinion

Technically, before the British colonisation of India. Pakistanis, Bengalis and Indians all lived together in India. Now that we have borders and a few little geographical differences doesn’t mean that anyone is inferior to the other. Don’t get me wrong. Many bengalis and Pakistanis think they’re superior to one another - but we’re not. I love Bengali people, I’ve never really viewed them as being an ethnicity below Pakistanis?? I just think we’re all the same uno, the languahe’s abit different but there’s a mix of Urdu in there too. 🤷🏽*♀️🤷🏽*♀️
Reply 99
Are you allowed to study any subject you are interested in? Or do your parents have a specific career for you in mind i.e doctor?

Quick Reply

Latest