The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
But you've only conceded 7 goals in the league all season so surely you can defend?
We’re very good at not conceding but that not all there is to defending. We’re not good at stopping shots, so a 0-0 going into the home leg was always risky. Pre-November our defending was working pretty well at reducing shot quality but since then it’s basically been DDG.

He wasn’t enough last night but even then, and certainly against Liverpool, you can see how important Bailly is for us.
**** why am I still mad
Original post by zKlown
I heard Liverpool haven’t won a trophy in regulation time since like 2001

Surely not true

I think it is. I don't think any of their former players had to apologise for spitting either, before this week.
Original post by Dirtybit
**** why am I still mad
Because we sacrificed playing well for the sake of getting a result...and we didn't get the result.

Its like eating nothing but grilled turkey and steamed veg for 6 months and still being fat at the end of it.
Original post by Fizzel
Because we sacrificed playing well for the sake of getting a result...and we didn't get the result.

Its like eating nothing but grilled turkey and steamed veg for 6 months and still being fat at the end of it.

It's season over for us now isn't it Fiz?
It's season over for us now isn't it Fiz?
We can still hit the highs of the LVG years via a Lingard banger at Wembley!
Original post by Fizzel
We can still hit the highs of the LVG years via a Lingard banger at Wembley!

**** me this is depressing.

Well we know what happened in the end with LVG, we good.
**** why am I still mad

Cause it’s March and this season is dead. CL was the only thing keeping us buzzing but now there’s nothing. Just deadass games.

Hopefully Pogba gets caught with a prozzy and a line like Odell to actually keep us engaged in the club for the next two months.
Time to bring in the goat

Give him a blank paycheck, he’ll underspend and make magic
Original post by Fizzel
We’re very good at not conceding but that not all there is to defending. We’re not good at stopping shots, so a 0-0 going into the home leg was always risky. Pre-November our defending was working pretty well at reducing shot quality but since then it’s basically been DDG.

He wasn’t enough last night but even then, and certainly against Liverpool, you can see how important Bailly is for us.

Completely agree - you don’t actually have a good defence (bar Bailly who is generally terrific). You can see that when you look at how many shots you’ve conceded this season.

As you say, the only reason you haven’t conceded many is because you own the best goalkeeper on the planet. Honestly I’ve never seen a keeper make such a huge difference to a team.
Being serious now, where do you think you’d be in the league if you’d just had Romero this season instead?
Original post by Lúcio
Completely agree - you don’t actually have a good defence (bar Bailly who is generally terrific). You can see that when you look at how many shots you’ve conceded this season.

As you say, the only reason you haven’t conceded many is because you own the best goalkeeper on the planet. Honestly I’ve never seen a keeper make such a huge difference to a team.
Being serious now, where do you think you’d be in the league if you’d just had Romero this season instead?

Probs in a similiar position to Arsenal.
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Hopefully Pogba gets caught with a prozzy and a line like Odell to actually keep us engaged in the club for the next two months.

Original post by SCIENCE :D
Probs in a similiar position to Arsenal.

Yeah I’d say without him you’d be behind Chelsea in 5th but still above Arsenal.

It’s so so frustrating, but it would be stupid to moan as if he’s illegal to have in your side. He is part of your team and he’s simply doing his job, albeit to a ridiculous level. Exactly the same as how Kane and Salah are big reasons why their respective clubs are currently in the top 4.
Would be surprised if De Gea's still here next season.

Even he must have a breaking point.
Plenty and rightly so Mourinho is getting hammered for last night but the season depends on winning the FA Cup; sealing 2nd place; showing that he's got the tactical nous to get the best out of his players that he has now. That should give hope for next season. It's a faint hope with City playing the way they are and Mourinho's pressure points this season that has resulted in dropped points. There's no real option available to replace him and the club gave him an extension plus Woodward isn't savvy enough to think of a wider picture relating to the team besides celebrating the social media reach.

Shockingly there was a game in which a Mourinho side stormed into a three goal lead in a CL tie when he was at Chelsea in his first spell but last night, it became evident he wanted to approach it in a different way. And against Sevilla and Fizzel said he showed too much, not less, respect and it backfired embarrassingly. Mourinho's comments before the game questioning United's success in Europe and post-match was abysmal. Always protecting himself at times when his strategy has ended humiliatingly for his team
I have a feeling we might not win the FA Cup :lol:
Original post by Lúcio

Impossible to say, because if we'd been shipping goals we probably wouldn't have carried on as we did, and players probably wouldn't have kept their places. You'd have seen a formation change for example. Also this idea we've been relying on DDG isn't a season long theme, like it happened around late Oct-Nov and we've just winged it ever since. But as I said so long as we don't actually concede Jose and such can pretend everything is fine.

Also tbf to Romero he's been quality this season and last when he's been asked to step in. He pulled off DDG saves every game on the way to the Europa. Not taking shots but he's a better keeper than your second or first choice, be surprised if he's happy to warm our bench for much longer.
Also, when are people going to admit that I was right about Pogba from the start. Not quite as good as we wished he was, and cares more about his brand than our club.
Original post by trapking
I have a feeling we might not win the FA Cup :lol:

Ofc, inb4 brighton clart you
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Also, when are people going to admit that I was right about Pogba from the start. Not quite as good as we wished he was, and cares more about his brand than our club.

I agree 👍

Who would you bring in his place if we cashed him in and cut our losses?

Latest