The Student Room Group

Call out to muslims...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
gay sex is adultery because according to Islam, adultury is when you have sex with somene out of wedlock and that it is not halal, two muslim men cannot legally marry under sharia law. Having gay sex cannot make you an apostate.

No, it isn’t adultery. Adultery is having sex with someone who is married, and homosexual sex is intercourse with someone of the same sex, nothing to do with marriage.

So no, having gay sex doesn’t take you out of Islam nor have you provided any evidence that it does.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No, it isn’t adultery. Adultery is having sex with someone who is married, and homosexual sex is intercourse with someone of the same sex, nothing to do with marriage.

So no, having gay sex doesn’t take you out of Islam nor have you provided any evidence that it does.

Yes...I have had gay sex and am a muslim!! :smile: Holler!!!
Original post by ugaaa5
You only need to do a slight amount of research to realise that sexual orientation is not a "quirk"
By claiming it is, you are saying that they can potentially choose to be homosexual (NO) and that the trait can fade with time (Highly highly unlikely). It is not a personality "quirk".
It is insulting and based on no evidence.
There is evidence, however, that sexual orienation can RESULT from personality traits. That's an entirely different thing though.

Furthermore, if you are Muslim, I would like to ask you about your feelings about the compatibility of your permissive views with Islam etc.

Well... I agree with you in general(If homosexuality were purely a choice, in the 1970s there would have been a lot of people who weren't gay), but if you've ever been to university you'd see that you can't throw a rock without hitting somebody who claims to be bisexual, despite that number plummeting after university.

That suggests there's some choice involved. Not that it matters - People can do whatever(And whomever) they want. I just don't know if it's -exclusively- nature rather than nurture.

I'm fairly sure that there are multiple hadiths that state that homosexuality is a sin and punishable by death.
Original post by ugaaa5
I'm fairly sure that there are multiple hadiths that state that homosexuality is a sin and punishable by death.

I know homosexual sex is a sin in Islam, but the poster I was quoting was implying that having gay sex takes you out of the fold of Islam. I have seen no scriptural evidence that this is the case, as far as I'm aware the only sin that makes you an apostate is that of idolatry. If committing other sins made Muslims non-Muslims, then there would be no Muslims left on Earth, surely?
I know homosexual sex is a sin in Islam, but the poster I was quoting was implying that having gay sex takes you out of the fold of Islam. I have seen no scriptural evidence that this is the case, as far as I'm aware the only sin that makes you an apostate is that of idolatry. If committing other sins made Muslims non-Muslims, then there would be no Muslims left on Earth, surely?

I would argue that the severity of the sin would matter in this case.
Original post by RosieAppleLemon
An eye for an eye?

The reality is that you're deluded.

I'm getting nowhere with you-you're so full of hatred that you can justify a pensioner being murdered due to the actions of others. If this is the case, three non-Muslims should be stabbed tomorrow because of the one that was stabbed and killed. And this is how you see it.

If you don't like it why come here?
I don’t really agree with it but I don’t really think about it.
If you are a non Muslim and are homosexual then that’s fine.
If you claim to be a Muslim yet also claim to be homosexual, I see it as a problem.
The Quran forbids it, you can’t tip toe around that.
You can have homosexual thoughts but you are never meant to act upon them.
Original post by Boiboiboi111
I don’t really agree with it but I don’t really think about it.
If you are a non Muslim and are homosexual then that’s fine.
If you claim to be a Muslim yet also claim to be homosexual, I see it as a problem.
The Quran forbids it, you can’t tip toe around that.
You can have homosexual thoughts but you are never meant to act upon them.

So is it ok if I stare at boys butts, look at them shirtless in the changing room, see if they have white underwear on and if they do I try to look to see if I can see their penis,and look at pictures of shirtless men on the internet aswell as dreaming of men naked and me having sex with them!!!
Original post by HettiBetti
So is it ok if I stare at boys butts, look at them shirtless in the changing room, see if they have white underwear on and if they do I try to look to see if I can see their penis,and look at pictures of shirtless men on the internet aswell as dreaming of men naked and me having sex with them!!!

No, you misunderstand.
It is ok to question your sexuality.
But you do not act upon it, this includes thinking about engaging in sexual activities with the same gender for it is sinful.
Really and truthfully, even heterosexuals should not think about sexual activity.
No, you misunderstand.
It is ok to question your sexuality.
But you do not act upon it, this includes thinking about engaging in sexual activities with the same gender for it is sinful.
Really and truthfully, even heterosexuals should not think about sexual activity.

Can I still stare at boys' butts )) )) )) !!!!! :smile:

:colone: im a straight girl and i do it, they are just too cuteeeeee

Nope.

:colone: im a straight girl and i do it, they are just too cuteeeeee

How? They are just so flat.
I believe it's unnatural and I don't agree with it but I am talking about the concept of homosexuality. I have no problem with homosexuals themselves.

Same
Nope.

How? They are just so flat.

Why??? But their butts are too entrancing, I wanna lick them. Their butts are nice and tight and cute and fit...oh!!!...aaaaahhhhh!!!
What is your opinion of homosexuality???

It's calm everyone is their own person not my place to judge I ain't perfect. Don't really see the problem lol. My parents would disagree lol
wow this has got a lot of replies.
Don't mind the people
Don't like the concept
Islam perceives it as a sin

Simple as! :biggrin:
Original post by soIiIoquy
wow this has got a lot of replies.

:hi:
:wave:
What is your opinion of homosexuality???

Nothing against it

Quick Reply

Latest