The Student Room Group

Anyone need motivation to do schoolwork?

If you can’t be arsed-be arsed. If you need any motivation, tips and tricks, leave a message on here stating your struggling subjects and reasons for lack of motivation. Lets make our exam season as pain free as possible!

Scroll to see replies

pls hit me w everything you have lmaooo
Write up a schedule and buy some stuff for revision. You are less likely to miss revising if you spend time and money into planning it.

What I did is make a 6-day revision plan a week and purchased pens, paper, all the stationary. I am on my third week and have only missed one day of my revision which I will recover this week.
Original post by YouAreAYute
pls hit me w everything you have lmaooo

sure!
-think about what you want right now. Why are you doing these exams? Where do you want to go?
-saying that, you need to set short term goals. What you could do is print out your specification and highlight it. If you don’t get it, write it down
-I have a spotify playlist of all my favourite songs which I listen to-I feel like it fills the gap of social media as I love working to music
-take bbc bitesize test, do it in your bed for all I care
-do your homework when its set, do it at school in the lesson when you feel bored as then you have more time to relax at home!
-learn your formulas and definitions for easy marks
-finally, picture yourself with the grades you want
You’ll be fine!
Original post by Millieclatworthy
If you can’t be arsed-be arsed. If you need any motivation, tips and tricks, leave a message on here stating your struggling subjects and reasons for lack of motivation. Lets make our exam season as pain free as possible!

Same please hit me up with anything, i go to a grammar school but im the laziest guy going, im doind GCSE for flips sake.
Any help would be appreciated
sure!
-think about what you want right now. Why are you doing these exams? Where do you want to go?
-saying that, you need to set short term goals. What you could do is print out your specification and highlight it. If you don’t get it, write it down
-I have a spotify playlist of all my favourite songs which I listen to-I feel like it fills the gap of social media as I love working to music
-take bbc bitesize test, do it in your bed for all I care
-do your homework when its set, do it at school in the lesson when you feel bored as then you have more time to relax at home!
-learn your formulas and definitions for easy marks
-finally, picture yourself with the grades you want
You’ll be fine!

Original post by monkeyman0121
Write up a schedule and buy some stuff for revision. You are less likely to miss revising if you spend time and money into planning it.

What I did is make a 6-day revision plan a week and purchased pens, paper, all the stationary. I am on my third week and have only missed one day of my revision which I will recover this week.

bless youuu :wink:
Original post by YouAreAYute
bless youuu :wink:

good luck!
I don't stick to my revision timetable and I get distracted soooo easily :frown:
Original post by youben2025
Same please hit me up with anything, i go to a grammar school but im the laziest guy going, im doind GCSE for flips sake.
Any help would be appreciated

Lol you have it worse with all those brainy people.
To be honest, try and compete with them and you’ll have good motivation.
Do your work at your own pace, do it in the lesson, whatever, just do it. Don’t do hours of work a day, 20 minutes a day is ok!
Work efficiently and you’ll be fine
Do internet quizzes when you feel lazy, for topic revision
Original post by Fazzy_77
I don't stick to my revision timetable and I get distracted soooo easily :frown:

Hey again!
I hate revision timetables, why the hell would I want my life planned out for the next year. Just buy a planner and write down every piece of homework and revision in a list form, with deadlines, and do it at your own pace. If you get distracted, I recommend playing your favourite songs and singing along, as it’s just as good as social media. Also, close your door so you don’t get disturbed, and turn off snapchat notifications. X
Original post by Fazzy_77

You need the pomodoro technique.
Original post by joyoustele

Have you seen UnJaded Jade’s pomodoro technique video? Highly recommended
Have you seen UnJaded Jade’s pomodoro technique video? Highly recommended

No, But I will watch it now. Lol is she that popular already XD

Yeah, I started using it and it really does work. Just need to make sure I don't get distracted though.
No, But I will watch it now. Lol is she that popular already XD

Aha shes head girl at my (state) school!
Aha shes head girl at my (state) school!

Damn, you get to see her in real life?
Lucky you!
Reply 16
When I'm feeling de-motivated I open up AutoTrader, query up my dream car, look at the price - there's my motivation.
Damn, you get to see her in real life?
Lucky you!

yeah, she’s super nice :smile:
How do I try to not feel half brain dead during my last lesson? I literally have no energy or the mental mind to continue...
Original post by Yatayyat
How do I try to not feel half brain dead during my last lesson? I literally have no energy or the mental mind to continue...

Drink water and save yourself a snack
Chat to your friends
Bullet point the notes

Quick Reply

Latest