The Student Room Group

After GCSEs- the gap between exams and the summer holidays.

My final GCSE exam is on June 15th, prom is then on the 29th of June and I officially finish on the 20th of July.

What do we actually do in the period between exams and the summer holiday?
I signed up to do NCS, which takes up 3 weeks of the holiday and you learn a lot. It's also pretty cheap as well, and you can find new friends c:

Tbh I would just make the most of freedom by seeing your friends and doing stuff you enjoy while you can as well
Hi there,

I did my GCSE's last year, and during this period, I did nothing. I met up with my friends like once, and then stayed at home.

I regret this, as it was so much time I could have used properly!

I think you should hang out with your friends as much as you can: go to festivals, the park, swimming pool, anywhere really. Many of you're friends may be going to different sixth forms, so it might be the last time you spend a decent amount of quality time with them.

Most importantly just relax and enjoy yourself, because A-levels next year are hard !

Good luck with your exams, and have a fun summer!

All the best :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Luna Quibbler
Hi there,

I did my GCSE's last year, and during this period, I did nothing. I met up with my friends like once, and then stayed at home.

I regret this, as it was so much time I could have used properly!

I think you should hang out with your friends as much as you can: go to festivals, the park, swimming pool, anywhere really. Many of you're friends may be going to different sixth forms, so it might be the last time you spend a decent amount of quality time with them.

Most importantly just relax and enjoy yourself, because A-levels next year are hard !

Good luck with your exams, and have a fun summer!

All the best :smile:

Oh I didn't even realise we got that time off! I thought we'd just be sitting around in class waiting for our results :biggrin: That's good news. In that case, I will spend it catching up on lost sleep and binge watching Kitchen Nightmares.
Original post by Adrenaliine
Oh I didn't even realise we got that time off! I thought we'd just be sitting around in class waiting for our results :biggrin: That's good news. In that case, I will spend it catching up on lost sleep and binge watching Kitchen Nightmares.

As long as that makes you happy, that is a good choice. Enjoy yourself !

It depends on your school. Some schools let you go home, others don't.

Also, you finish on the 20th of July?? I finished completely on the 24th June I think...
Reply 6
Original post by RedGiant
It depends on your school. Some schools let you go home, others don't.

Also, you finish on the 20th of July?? I finished completely on the 24th June I think...

To be honest, I don't think they've properly thought out when we're finishing but that's what I've been told and I don't want to get my hopes up.
I basically stressed myself out and the rest of my family along with me about my GCSE results 😭

Did watch some good anime though in the mean time :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I basically stressed myself out and the rest of my family along with me about my GCSE results 😭

Did watch some good anime though in the mean time :biggrin:

Any recommendations? Been trying to get into anime actually :tongue:
Any recommendations? Been trying to get into anime actually :tongue:

There's loads of good ones (although admittedly I haven't watched all of them because the study workload definitely does not get less after GCSEs :sad:) so here are some I've watched and some that are on my list:
- Naruto: okay people will tell you this is mainstream anime - it is one of the well known ones buts it's got good plots so definitely give this a go
- Ao no exorcist: I read the manga for this because at the time they cut the anime really short but I think they rebooted it and it's on its second season now
- Attack on titan
- Hero no boko academia: haven't watched it but my friend strongly recommends it. May have gotten the words in the name slightly mixed up though :dontknow:
- Death note
- fairy tail: this was the first anime I ever watched. It had interesting things going on (magic users, dragon slayers, a super powerful wizard no one can defeat, random evil people) but it does slightly get a bit repetitive with plots over time and there's way too much fan service in my opinion but I guess you might like that
- Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
- Black butler
- Bleach

Quick Reply

Latest