The Student Room Group

More racist stuff

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hirsty97

Also in case you didn't catch my reference earlier:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRTtlorJsYo

lol i know where you got it from but I was curious still if you voted brexit, Leavers on tsr seem to be in hiding
Mate it's written by the sun, they aren't very credible as a worthy source for topics like this. Sensationalism is what drives them not professionalism
Does that man also happen to be the one that broke the British bank? I wonder.

Sure employment is good and poverty can be curtailed by making rational decisions and good parenting. There's a statistic wherein if you do two things: don't have kids outside of wed-lock and finish high school there's a 99% chance you won't end up poor. The welfare state isn't sustainable. You can't just print money ad infinitum and think a crash won't happen. Government assistance has become like a drug for wide swathes of the population across developed nations.

Nah. :noway:. Benefits is literally the only way out for more than half the country. I have an extensive thread on it. Shall I tag you in? :holmes:
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Nah. :noway:. Benefits is literally the only way out for more than half the country. I have an extensive thread on it. Shall I tag you in? :holmes:

if you wish
if you wish

I'll just screen grab

and when I defend benefits, it's not me defending the individuals on it and their individual actions, or begging for benefits, or saying people should be on it. It's a shining the mirror on how the country was run under Remainers and Cameron.
@Hirsty97 Student loans is a type of benefits :holmes: you're not paying for it all, are ya? :cyber:
Original post by SCIENCE :D
There isn't a party which represents the White working class population anymore and there hasn't been for many years. White working class people are politically homeless.

Brexit was the result of the alienation of white working class people.

I think you are looking for a fascist party.
Original post by Captain Haddock
Nothing you just said contradicts anything I posted.

It debunks your claim. You're using data based on residents of London, and how white people are a minority or majority (whatever the figure was, I can't remember), and claiming that figure is directly reflected in the estimate of 60% of London's homeless being white that you made up. Most of the homeless come from outside of London anyway so referencing the demographic split of white versus non-white residents is irrelevant. And doesn't stand up as an argument.

I swear a year or so ago whites became a minority in London, anyway. So even if that 60% figure you gave of white homeless in London is true, it still shows more white are homeless than other races and shows the idea of 'white privilege' to be an insidious, racist fabrication of the Left.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I think you are looking for a fascist party.

I think you are wrong.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
I think you are wrong.

So what is your problem with a party that represents working poeple of all different racial backgrounds? Why does it need to focus specifically on white working class poeple? Why can the interests of white working class none-white working class poeple not align? WHy must they be dividied up?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zhog
Your avatar and name may well be it... :biggrin:

I chose this avatar because I think he was an important historical figure, not because he was a perfect kinda guy.
Original post by Underground906
It debunks your claim. You're using data based on residents of London, and how white people are a minority or majority (whatever the figure was, I can't remember), and claiming that figure is directly reflected in the estimate of 60% of London's homeless being white that you made up. Most of the homeless come from outside of London anyway so referencing the demographic split of white versus non-white residents is irrelevant. And doesn't stand up as an argument.

I swear a year or so ago whites became a minority in London, anyway. So even if that 60% figure you gave of white homeless in London is true, it still shows more white are homeless than other races and shows the idea of 'white privilege' to be an insidious, racist fabrication of the Left.

Why wouldn't rough sleepers form outside of London be included in the stats for rough sleepers in London, if they are in London? I didn't make up that stat, I provided a link to the source. Here is another link saying 60% of homeless people in England are white while 85% of people living in England are white. However you want to cut it, saying it's somehow rare to see homeless BEM people is nonsense, let alone that they are outnumbered 20 to 1.

And no, white people are not a minority in London. You're probably thinking of white British people.
Original post by Kaffee_1998
White Privilege? Tell that to Working-Class White lads who's best prospects is getting on the dole.

Even some Labour MPs - arguably the most delusional group out there, after the LDs - are awakening to this reality.
Why wouldn't rough sleepers form outside of London be included in the stats for rough sleepers in London, if they are in London? I didn't make up that stat, I provided a link to the source. Here is another link saying 60% of homeless people in England are white while 85% of people living in England are white. However you want to cut it, saying it's somehow rare to see homeless BEM people is nonsense, let alone that they are outnumbered 20 to 1.

And no, white people are not a minority in London. You're probably thinking of white British people.

Homeless does not mean rough sleepers. They are categorically different. Many constituted as homeless live with relatives, friends, or in some kind of half-way house or hostel. They are not destitute and living on the street.

Plus you moved the goal posts. I was talking about London. specifically the observable fact that the vast majority of beggers are white of some description, including Romanians. And how most to the rough sleepers, over 50% come from outside of the UK.

Trying to use statistics of people who live here and are on the electorial register does not take into account immigrants who have come here and are homeless and not on the register or are not residents who make up part of the stats you are quoting, a majority of whom are probably illegal immigrants.

It's visibly obviously walking down any street in central London where the homeless beg or sleeps that whites greatly outnumber other rough sleepers.

You're trying to appeal to irrelevant stats to deny this.
Original post by Underground906
Homeless does not mean rough sleepers. They are categorically different. Many constituted as homeless live with relatives, friends, or in some kind of half-way house or hostel. They are not destitute and living on the street.

Plus you moved the goal posts. I was talking about London. specifically the observable fact that the vast majority of beggers are white of some description, including Romanians. And how most to the rough sleepers, over 50% come from outside of the UK.

Trying to use statistics of people who live here and are on the electorial register does not take into account immigrants who have come here and are homeless and not on the register or are not residents who make up part of the stats you are quoting, a majority of whom are probably illegal immigrants.

It's visibly obviously walking down any street in central London where the homeless beg or sleeps that whites greatly outnumber other rough sleepers.

You're trying to appeal to irrelevant stats to deny this.

No, homelessness is not the same as rough sleeping, but it's the rough sleepers who you are most likely to notice while walking around London. I only provided overall homelessness stats as further context. Whether you're looking specifically at rough sleepers or at homelessness in general, all available data show that it is nonsense to claim that it is rare to see non-white homeless people or rough sleepers. Whites outnumber other ethnicities, yes, but they do so when looking at the overall demography of London, too.
No, homelessness is not the same as rough sleeping, but it's the rough sleepers who you are most likely to notice while walking around London. I only provided overall homelessness stats as further context. Whether you're looking specifically at rough sleepers or at homelessness in general, all available data show that it is nonsense to claim that it is rare to see non-white homeless people or rough sleepers. Whites outnumber other ethnicities, yes, but they do so when looking at the overall demography of London, too.

Didn't someone else say it was rare? I think so. I simply commented that whites outnumber the number of blacks you see living on the streets in London by some margin. I gave an approx figure based on how many times I see white people lying on the floor in their duvets, begging, selling the big issue, making speeches on the tube and asking for some cash for the night, compared with black or other ethnicities.

Just based on observation it is pretty startling how many more white faces you see doing it than other races. It's way more than the any of the figures of non-white versus white in the UK or just London would indicate.

But maybe, your experience is different and we'd just have to agree to disagree.
Original post by _Winston_
I chose this avatar because I think he was an important historical figure, not because he was a perfect kinda guy.

I know, I meant that the picture of Churchill as an avatar might perhaps be construed as this micro-aggression thing we hear of. We recently had an outburst against some Churchill-themed bar in London by a gang demanding an apology to the community, the type of situation where we are accused of offending someone unaware and because of our white privilege. It blinds us to it, we've had it said in this thread.

Because Churchill evokes what they term racism, colonialism, oppression, a raft of badness that may make someone feel bad. Safe spaces from such type of micro-aggression are a natural evolutionary step in this ideology. Those individuals would probably regard your avatar as a micro-aggression, I suppose. And prevent you and everyone from putting it up, if consistent in their views.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by zhog
I know, I meant that the picture of Churchill as an avatar might perhaps be construed as this micro-aggression thing we hear of. We recently had an outburst against some Churchill-themed bar in London by a gang demanding an apology to the community, the type of situation where we are accused of offending someone unaware and because of our white privilege. It blinds us to it, we've had it said in this thread.

Because Churchill evokes what they term racism, colonialism, oppression, a raft of badness that may make someone feel bad. Safe spaces from such type of micro-aggression are a natural evolutionary step in this ideology. Those individuals would probably regard your avatar as a micro-aggression, I suppose. And prevent you and everyone from putting it up, if consistent in their views.

Oh, right. Sorry for the misunderstanding, mate.

+1
Original post by Just my opinion
In London, a city that is over 50 BEM, strange how very rare it is to see non white street homeless man.
Must be their White Male Privilege.

Or the fact that they move elsewhere where it is warmer?
Original post by AngeryPenguin
The fact that you don't notice white peoples' daily microaggressions towards POC is proof of your white privilege.

Please tell me you're joking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending