The Student Room Group

Call out to white people....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nutz99
Which countries specifically. Most of the economical immigrants are from African countries where Britain has never had any involvement.

You clearly didn’t learn about British colonialism in Africa
Original post by maggie43
You clearly didn’t learn about British colonialism in Africa

Mmm mmm girl. You lookin like a WHOLE ASS MEAL. :perv:
Original post by Faefae
If immigration and refugees are so bad for coming to your country why did you go to their country first and exploit and kill millions of them and leave them in a state of corruption??

technically im not a white person but I have to call BS.

first of few people who are anti immigration think that the immigrants are bad people for seeking to come here. Anyone who comes from a country that has a lower standard of living could not be blamed for wanting to seek a better life for themselves.

what people have a problem with is that they bring ideology and cultural values which are opposed to our values and way of life.

Also our country has a housing shortage and a lot of debt and struggles to support the more vulnerable people of our country as it is. taking 0.5%+ of our population every year is not sustainable numbers if we want to try and improve that.

and finally these white people as you put it did not go over there and kill millions I think very few white people today have been involved in any of the history of which you speak of. stop blaming people today for what other people did long before they were born.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Mmm mmm girl. You lookin like a WHOLE ASS MEAL. :perv:

Eat that booty like groceries 😏
Original post by TeenRose29
Eat that booty like groceries 😏

dig in like a full course meal
Original post by Bang Outta Order
dig in like a full course meal

Of course, go big or go home 😝
Original post by TeenRose29
Of course, go big or go home 😝

don't derail :shh:
Reply 27
Original post by Luke7456
technically im not a white person but I have to call BS.

first of few people who are anti immigration think that the immigrants are bad people for seeking to come here. Anyone who comes from a country that has a lower standard of living could not be blamed for wanting to seek a better life for themselves.

what people have a problem with is that they bring ideology and cultural values which are opposed to our values and way of life.

Also our country has a housing shortage and a lot of debt and struggles to support the more vulnerable people of our country as it is. taking 0.5%+ of our population every year is not sustainable numbers if we want to try and improve that.

and finally these white people as you put it did not go over there and kill millions I think very few white people today have been involved in any of the history of which you speak of. stop blaming people today for what other people did long before they were born.

lmao "long before they were born"
errrrr correct me if i am wrong but is the western world not bombing the middle east and asia right as we speak. It was only 2003 when the USA carried out torture programmes in Iraq. It was only 1991 when the Cold War ended which, yes, did involve the killing of millions and, yes, it was by white people lol. yup and the whole problem with "ideaology and cultural values" regarding immigration is very hypocritical and a futile claim because during these wars and colonies, not only did the West bring their "cultural values and ideologies" but they also brought a bunch guns and weaponry and shot them all, carried out torture programmes and exploited the hell outta them.
Original post by nutz99
Which countries specifically. Most of the economical immigrants are from African countries where Britain has never had any involvement.

omg the British colonised 80% of the world. STOP.
The empire ended years ago, get over it.
Reply 30
Original post by Faefae
If immigration and refugees are so bad for coming to your country why did you go to their country first and exploit and kill millions of them and leave them in a state of corruption??

Are you comparing conquest with refugees? :lol:
Original post by Andrew97
The empire ended years ago, get over it.

Yawn. The effects of colonisation is still happening. We dont have to get over anything.
Reply 32
Original post by loveleest
omg the British colonised 80% of the world. STOP.

Er wrong. At its peak the empire covered 24pc of the worlds land mass.
Original post by Napp

New research shows that practically everyone has been invaded by British troops at one point or another. A "staggering 90% of the world's nations" have been overrun by the turbulent Brits Sweden, Mongolia and the Vatican City are among the 22 to have been tragically overlooked.

Oh?
Original post by Napp

http://mentalfloss.com/article/13019/there-are-only-22-countries-world-british-haven%E2%80%99t-invaded
Reply 35
New research shows that practically everyone has been invaded by British troops at one point or another. A "staggering 90% of the world's nations" have been overrun by the turbulent Brits Sweden, Mongolia and the Vatican City are among the 22 to have been tragically overlooked.

Oh?

That is literally in no way, shape or form the same as "colonising 80% of the world"...
Reply 36

Again, totally different thing. I suggest you consult a dictionary on these words :rolleyes:

Yawn. The effects of colonisation is still happening. We dont have to get over anything.

I fail to see how whining about it is going to do anything? Strangely enough few to none of the people on here had anything to do with the Empire.
Original post by Napp
Again, totally different thing. I suggest you consult a dictionary on these words :rolleyes:

I fail to see how whining about it is going to do anything? Strangely enough few to none of the people on here had anything to do with the Empire.

What the hell are you going on about? I said that the British colonised 80% of the world (the countries). You got proven wrong, move on.

Have I whined anywhere? Have I? I think not. Telling someone to "get over" something that terribly happened is extremely insensitive, regardless of the time frame. Did you not know that? Everyone with eat least a brain cell knows that no one here had anything to do with it. No one is putting the blame on anyone here. If someone's nan died years ago would you say "Get over it and stop whining" yeah...I think tf not.
Reply 38
What the hell are you going on about? I said that the British colonised 80% of the world (the countries). You got proven wrong, move on.

No because that is literally wrong.
Which bit of invading is not the same as colonising are you having trouble understanding?

Have I whined anywhere? Have I? I think not. Telling someone to "get over" something that terribly happened is extremely insensitive, regardless of the time frame. Did you not know that? Everyone with eat least a brain cell knows that no one here had anything to do with it. No one is putting the blame on anyone here. If someone's nan died years ago would you say "Get over it and stop whining" yeah...I think tf not.

Define terrible? It might have entailed some terrible elements but to say the whole legacy of colonisation was terrible is a lie.
'we dont have to get over anything' somewhat meets the definition in ones considered opinion.
Lol did you just compare European's civilizing the world the same as killing 'someones nan':s-smilie: That is patently absurd.
The last one took place in 1217. That's will over 700 years for the country to reform, we did it so could they and we took even less time. Not to mention that the crusades were an incredibly long Time ago so it's pointless bringing it up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending