The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trapking
I agree 👍

Who would you bring in his place if we cashed him in and cut our losses?

Savic.
I think it would be good business to sell pogba and replace him with Savic, then go and buy another top midfielder. Then Fullbacks.

Pogba's heart isn't in it and he is far too inconsistent, let him go to Madrid.

Just make sure we keep big Dave.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Savic.

I second this but we'll need 2 midfielders. Savic + Jorginho/Fabinho

Don't want to see Fellaini anymore ffs
Original post by trapking
I second this but we'll need 2 midfielders. Savic + Jorginho/Fabinho

Don't want to see Fellaini anymore ffs

Matic, Savic and Jorginho in a midfield 3 looks quite tasty to me.

With Sanchez , Rom and Martial/Rashford up top.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 964
I'll happily take Pogba off you guys.
Lol at the discussion now turning to selling Pogba, how time flies.
Pogba , is he straight? Genuinely looks like one of those Omar Little types.
Reply 967
Original post by James.Carnell
Lol at the discussion now turning to selling Pogba, how time flies.

Lol Pogba would replace Gundogan for you guys.

Not his fault that the rest of the team don't have an elite mentality. José been doing a great job with him but Pogba's been unlucky with injuries and the emergence of Scott McTominay.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Also, when are people going to admit that I was right about Pogba from the start. Not quite as good as we wished he was, and cares more about his brand than our club.

His abilities as a footballer were of not of primary concern when he was bought. Woodward was more interested in his value as a merchandising asset to 'prove' we were still a big club. He also still seems desperate to prove himself by spending lots of money on a single player rather than the right one.

That said, I still think it was a poor deciion by Pogba to return to Utd and if Mourinho is going to stick around for much longer then he should leave again because Mourinho clearly can't or won't get the best from him.

I like Pogba a lot, I'd rather watch him play well somewhere else than badly here.
Lol @ this Pogba talk.

Guy is levels ahead of any outfield player we have.

Also lol @ Savic replacing him.
Reply 970
Original post by Rk2k14
Lol @ this Pogba talk.

This is like the hazard talk.
Original post by Rk2k14
Lol @ this Pogba talk.

Mourinho has had nearly 2 years to get the best from Pogba and if anything he is getting less and less out of him by the week. If it hasn't worked now, it's not going to at all.

I think it's one or the other, doubt it's surprising that I'd take Pogba over Mourinho.
Reply 972
Original post by James.Carnell
Pogba , is he straight? Genuinely looks like one of those Omar Little types.

Takes one to know one I guess
Original post by mojojojo101
His abilities as a footballer were of not of primary concern when he was bought. Woodward was more interested in his value as a merchandising asset to 'prove' we were still a big club. He also still seems desperate to prove himself by spending lots of money on a single player rather than the right one.
So you think Pogba was a boardroom signing not a managerial one? Not sure I buy that, how many other examples of board signings have we made of late? No doubt the signing had boardroom backing because of its off the field value.

Pogba is on a 5 year deal with an option for another year. Who at any point thought Jose being here for 6 years being likely. He's got 2 more seasons at most, and the pressure is going to crank up next season. Massively more likely we will go backwards in terms of results next year, and in the face of a City side which will be just as dominant next season the pressure will be huge. If Pep wasn't here, I'd say he'll be here for a while, but with that comparison constantly there, I doubt he'll make it past next season. As RK said, Pogba is our best outfield players head and shoulders, don't make sense to sell him, then fire Jose 6 months later. Would have been like Chelsea picking Jose over Hazard and looking back on it now.
Reply 974
The United board definitely didn't see perisic as a market signing. Sanchez was a Mourinho signing too.
Apparently Mourinho is going to get 200 million to spend in the summer, what is that in todays market? 3 players at a push.

It's going to take more than 200 million for us to get anywhere near citys level.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Apparently Mourinho is going to get 200 million to spend in the summer, what is that in todays market? 3 players at a push.

It's going to take more than 200 million for us to get anywhere near citys level.
Its not a case of buying players. Apart from FB and CB we're pretty equivalent over the pitch in the first XI, certainly not 16 points and 30 goals worse off. We're 16 points behind because we're losing to Huddersfield, Newcastle and drawing games to Stoke.

The fundamental problem is tactical. Jose needs to get his system working to stand a chance against Pep, and at the moment, literally no area of a classic Jose system is working. Defence is leaking shots at DDG, midfield might as well be two more CB's or is leaky, the attack is good but its so much improvisation working off so few chances.

Genuine question, in terms of a complete display, which has been our best game this season? Because not matter what you answer I think you could quickly and easily make an argument for why we weren't that good in reality.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Lol Pogba would replace Gundogan for you guys.

Not his fault that the rest of the team don't have an elite mentality. José been doing a great job with him but Pogba's been unlucky with injuries and the emergence of Scott McTominay.

:lol:
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Takes one to know one I guess

Original post by Fizzel
Its not a case of buying players. Apart from FB and CB we're pretty equivalent over the pitch in the first XI, certainly not 16 points and 30 goals worse off. We're 16 points behind because we're losing to Huddersfield, Newcastle and drawing games to Stoke.

The fundamental problem is tactical. Jose needs to get his system working to stand a chance against Pep, and at the moment, literally no area of a classic Jose system is working. Defence is leaking shots at DDG, midfield might as well be two more CB's or is leaky, the attack is good but its so much improvisation working off so few chances.

Genuine question, in terms of a complete display, which has been our best game this season? Because not matter what you answer I think you could quickly and easily make an argument for why we weren't that good in reality.

I know what you mean, but you could say that Liverpool and Tottenham both have found playing styles which suits them, yet they are further behind city than we are.
In reality I honestly don't think our squad is as strong as people make out, would felliani and ashley young even get on City, Liverpool or Tottenhams bench? They both staretd the other night in the biggest game of our season.

As for performance, I would say that our best game this season (tactically) was probably Arsenal away. We were in complete control until Pogba got sent off.

Latest