The Student Room Group

First Maintenance installment over a month after I start

Hi, I've just received my dates for each Maintenance installment, the first one is expected to be the 17th October 2018, but I start my course says the start date is the 1st September on UCAS track.

I'm not really sure what to do. Do I just have to use savings to live there for the first month and a half?

Any help's appreciated

All the best,
Anthony.
Original post by AnthonySturdy
Hi, I've just received my dates for each Maintenance installment, the first one is expected to be the 17th October 2018, but I start my course says the start date is the 1st September on UCAS track.

I'm not really sure what to do. Do I just have to use savings to live there for the first month and a half?

Any help's appreciated

All the best,
Anthony.

Hi Anthony,

Your payment dates coincide with the term dates that the university have listed on our database.

Please check your course details online, that you have selected the correct course and start date.

If incorrect then speak to the university as they will need to update the database with correct course term dates.

Thanks Rona
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Anthony,

Your payment dates coincide with the term dates that the university have listed on our database.

Please check your course details online, that you have selected the correct course and start date.

If incorrect then speak to the university as they will need to update the database with correct course term dates.

Thanks Rona

Yeah it must be wrong then, looking at the website for my course it says 17th September. Should I just call them and tell them? and will my installment dates update automatically if they update the dates on the system?

Thanks, Anthony.
Yeah it must be wrong then, looking at the website for my course it says 17th September. Should I just call them and tell them? and will my installment dates update automatically if they update the dates on the system?

Thanks, Anthony.

Hi Anthony,

I'd recommend calling the University and letting them know yes. If they update the term start dates, the payment dates will also update to coincide with the new term start dates.

Kind regards,

John.

Thanks, Anthony.

Hi Anthony,

Once the start date of your course has been updated your payments will reschedule and a new Notification of Entitlement letter will be generated to reflect the change.

Payments will show on your online account 40 working days before the course starts if you are studying in the UK.

Thanks Rona
Reply 5

Thanks, Anthony.

1st September/1st October are generic dates used on UCAS. It will update to the proper date after results day. Don't worry, your payments will match up! :yep:
Thanks for the help everyone, turns out I panicked too quickly and actually just misread the letter.

Those are the dates the Uni gets paid the tuition fee, I assumed they were the same as the maintenance dates.

After checking online I can see the maintenance dates do correspond with my University start dates.

Apologies for any inconvenience :smile:
Thanks for the help everyone, turns out I panicked too quickly and actually just misread the letter.

Those are the dates the Uni gets paid the tuition fee, I assumed they were the same as the maintenance dates.

After checking online I can see the maintenance dates do correspond with my University start dates.

Apologies for any inconvenience :smile:

Hi Anthony,

That's okay, just remember the first payment is an expected date, as not every student that applies for a loan actually takes up the place, the payment will be released once your the university confirm your registration with us.

You will see when it is submitted online, it takes three to five working days for a bank transfer.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending