The Student Room Group

University of York or Nottingham?

Hi, i'm mixed between the uni of York or Nottingham to study Finance, Accounting and Management BSc. Do you have any advise? experience? or perhaps your own opinion of the credibility out of the two.
Original post by johnwilliam1
Hi, i'm mixed between the uni of York or Nottingham to study Finance, Accounting and Management BSc. Do you have any advise? experience? or perhaps your own opinion of the credibility out of the two.

Take a look at the two courses and see which one appeals to you the most. Same for the location.

York has a collegiate structure of sorts (no teaching goes on) so might be better if you're into sports.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Take a look at the two courses and see which one appeals to you the most. Same for the location.

York has a collegiate structure of sorts (no teaching goes on) so might be better if you're into sports.

Hi thanks for your reply, what do you mean no teaching goes on? I have looked at the stats and twice as many students get a first in York than Nottingham so this doesn't make sense?
Hi thanks for your reply, what do you mean no teaching goes on? I have looked at the stats and twice as many students get a first in York than Nottingham so this doesn't make sense?

As in no teaching goes on in the colleges, unlike Oxbridge
Original post by Blue_Cow
As in no teaching goes on in the colleges, unlike Oxbridge

Is teaching supposed to happen inside the colleges? I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean?
Is teaching supposed to happen inside the colleges? I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean?

Argh I shouldn't have gotten into the whole colleges thing :tongue:

So at Oxbridge you have tutorials going on within colleges i.e. on the grounds of where you live

At York, you also have colleges, but no tutorials go on there and it's purely for accommodation. All teaching etc. is done on campus like other universities.

The reason why I brought up the whole system is that if you are sporty, you might like the collegiate system at York due to a sense of belonging if that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending