The Student Room Group

Good Breakfast

Scroll to see replies

I eat 0 fat low sugar greek yogurt, with oats or some kind of oaty crunch with banana and blueberries. If I'm really desperate for sweetness, I drizzle a teaspoon or so of honey or mix in a half teaspoon of Manuka honey, depending on what I have in the cupboard. Then I have a tropical smoothie (mango, papaya, pineapple, apple juice and sometimes coconut milk) to drink on the train on the way into school. Hope this helps!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by midiwombatz
I eat 0 fat low sugar greek yogurt, with oats or some kind of oaty crunch with banana and blueberries. If I'm really desperate for sweetness, I drizzle a teaspoon or so of honey or mix in a half teaspoon of Manuka honey, depending on what I have in the cupboard. Then I have a tropical smoothie (mango, papaya, pineapple, apple juice and sometimes coconut milk) to drink on the train on the way into school. Hope this helps!!

That sounds really good! Thank-you so much!
My 2 go to breakfasts (depending on if I'm feeling sweet or savoury) are-

1. Porridge (just to make a change from what everyone else has put!) with semi skimmed milk, frozen berries, 1 tsp honey and a handful chopped walnuts

2. Omelette consisting of 2 medium eggs, 1 chopped tomato, 1/2 bell pepper and a sprinkling of cheese which 1/2 can of no added sugar baked beans
Original post by PollyParrot23
My 2 go to breakfasts (depending on if I'm feeling sweet or savoury) are-

1. Porridge (just to make a change from what everyone else has put!) with semi skimmed milk, frozen berries, 1 tsp honey and a handful chopped walnuts

2. Omelette consisting of 2 medium eggs, 1 chopped tomato, 1/2 bell pepper and a sprinkling of cheese which 1/2 can of no added sugar baked beans

Thank-you!
Reply 24
If you suffer from anxiety and/or depression, eat a fat and protein heavy breakfast, and get up at roughly the same time every day. The neurological systems that mediate negative emotionality are married to your circadian rhythm.

I boil eggs at the start of the week (they'll keep good for a week in shell, in fridge) and have 2 eggs and 2 bacon (microwave since you want it quick).

simple carbs and sugars are digested too quickly and result in a blood sugar spike then a subsequent dip.

Salzer, H. M. (1966). “Relative hypoglycemia as a cause of neuropsychiatric illness.” Journal of the National Medical Association, 58, 12–17.
Original post by robbiecee2
If you suffer from anxiety and/or depression, eat a fat and protein heavy breakfast, and get up at roughly the same time every day. The neurological systems that mediate negative emotionality are married to your circadian rhythm.

I boil eggs at the start of the week (they'll keep good for a week in shell, in fridge) and have 2 eggs and 2 bacon (microwave since you want it quick).

simple carbs and sugars are digested too quickly and result in a blood sugar spike then a subsequent dip.

Salzer, H. M. (1966). “Relative hypoglycemia as a cause of neuropsychiatric illness.” Journal of the National Medical Association, 58, 12–17.

Wow thank-you, that’s really helpful!
My fave breakfast: oatmeal (1/4 semi skimmed lactose-free milk, 3/4 water) with either chia/flax seeds/fenugreek & peanuts + peanut butter (homemade, so 100% unsalted roasted peanuts) + half banana + oreo, sometimes shredded coconut. I could eat it 10 times a day. If I don't want anything sweet for breakfast (lol sure) I eat scrambled eggs with onion&tomatoes with bread + black/mint tea (no sugar) and lemon infused water.
Original post by paulaxw
My fave breakfast: oatmeal (1/4 semi skimmed lactose-free milk, 3/4 water) with either chia/flax seeds/fenugreek & peanuts + peanut butter (homemade, so 100% unsalted roasted peanuts) + half banana + oreo, sometimes shredded coconut. I could eat it 10 times a day. If I don't want anything sweet for breakfast (lol sure) I eat scrambled eggs with onion&tomatoes with bread + black/mint tea (no sugar) and lemon infused water.

That sounds delicious! Thank-you so much for your help :smile:
Reply 28
I don't eat breakfast, but as summer is returning, and the days are getting warmer etc, I might start and become more active and healthier for once. It just depends.
Original post by SophieMay16
That sounds delicious! Thank-you so much for your help :smile:

Np! I used to have such problems in the morning I never had appetite I couldn't eat breakfast. And I hated oatmeal even though I knew it was good for me! Turned out I just had to make a little change - oreos might not be healthy (but I only eat one or two) - but at least I enjoy my breakfast now, I eat a lot in the morning & I'm not hungry for hours! I lost 3 kilograms just from eating breakfasts (it affected how and what I eat later in) + another 5 when I started working out. Now breakfast is my favourite meal!
Reply 30
I intermittent fast, so I only eat 12pm - 8pm so basically miss breakfast and honestly I have never felt so good!

so really is breakfast that important?
Original post by vdogg
I intermittent fast, so I only eat 12pm - 8pm so basically miss breakfast and honestly I have never felt so good!

IF is great if you lifestyle allows for it. Glad it helps you :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Angry cucumber
IF is great if you lifestyle allows for it. Glad it helps you :smile:

your right, I'm sure its not for everyone but I never thought I would be the kind of person to do it, so just saying different perspective to this thread
Original post by vdogg

I find this really interesting because I'm a breakfast person and can't function without a big breakfast. Just goes to show that there is no 'one size fits all' approach. Out of interest, how much do you eat? Do you eat quite a lot in those 8 hours?
Greek Yogurt. Greek yogurt is creamy, delicious and nourishing.
I just go for some oats made with milk and topped with nuts and fruit, or even easier - shredded wheat/branflakes/weetabix/cornflakes with milk and fruit.
8 Easy Oats & Quinoa Breakfasts That'll Help You Start Your Day With A Smile and if you want to know more then you can go to this website and get more information. I have also benefited a lot https://www.popxo.com/2018/09/quick-and-easy-oats-and-quinoa-breakfasts-thatll-help-you-start-your-day-on-time/ please follow this it will be really helpfull
Original post by vvishakha
8 Easy Oats & Quinoa Breakfasts That'll Help You Start Your Day With A Smile and if you want to know more then you can go to this website and get more information. I have also benefited a lot https://www.popxo.com/2018/09/quick-and-easy-oats-and-quinoa-breakfasts-thatll-help-you-start-your-day-on-time/ please follow this it will be really helpfull

Thanks for sharing this.

Quick Reply

Latest