The Student Room Group

Is Double Science to Medicine possible?

Of course in terms of requirements it's fine however I'm thinking practically, as I haven't heard of any doctors/med students who've done it.
yes as long as you get 7-9's. the grade is whats gonna matter mate nobody gives a **** if somebody did triple science but got B's in all 3 sciences. they would rather pick a student with 2 A*S in double science than the 3B's
Reply 2
Yeh, it's fine! I did double science at GCSE and am now a final year medic. There's not much science needed tbh.
Original post by NOWDE123
Yeh, it's fine! I did double science at GCSE and am now a final year medic. There's not much science needed tbh.

Thanks what were your GCSE/A-Level grades like?
Reply 4
Original post by adamantacademic
Thanks what were your GCSE/A-Level grades like?

I got A* 5A 3Bs (B in Maths, English and French lol). A levels A*AAB (Bio, Chem, Maths and Business Studies).

I don't think individual anecdotal grades are that useful but it may give you some reassurance that I've made it through med school without failing any exams.
I had A*A* in Double Science and am now a doctor. Admittedly my qualifications are ancient, but you have to remember that a lot of state schools still don't offer separate science GCSEs, and their pupils still get offers for Medicine. I've never even heard of it being raised as an issue to be honest.
Original post by *pitseleh*
I had A*A* in Double Science and am now a doctor. Admittedly my qualifications are ancient, but you have to remember that a lot of state schools still don't offer separate science GCSEs, and their pupils still get offers for Medicine. I've never even heard of it being raised as an issue to be honest.

Thx! I was left disillusioned by a few peers.....
I've been a doctor for ten years and I did double science at GCSE. Was never a problem. Everyone does chemistry A-level + another science A-level anyway, so apart from meeting entry requirements, GCSEs really aren't an issue. The only challenge I had was changing school for sixth form and moved to a places where everyone else had done triple science which then affected how they taught the A-level slightly so I had to make up some of the shortfall that they assumed I knew. But that was easily done.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply