University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Official 2018 Cambridge Postgraduate Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Rejected by Newnham, STILL seeking college membership *sigh*
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Hi! I just received a conditional offer today for a PhD in English. Does anyone happen to know if funding is still a possibility, as I haven't heard anything about it yet? Was a tad worried that getting an offer for my course this late meant that I wasn't put forward for funding as I've seen quite a few other English offer holders get funding in the last week.
Original post by fofomorse
Sent mine last week monday. Should arrive tomorrow. You've got me worried

Hi, just to let you know that they just processed my transcripts and the status changed to "completed". It took around 11 working days since they arrived.
I was rejected by Queens' last week and still seeking college membership :frown: Does anyone know if the UCU strikes are likely to have an impact on college admissions? Will they still be allocating college places throughout Easter? All a little stressful...

Well done to everyone who has received an offer as well!
Hi all! MPhil in Zoology here. Just waiting to see if I have received any funding now.

First contact w/ supervisor: Dec 6th
Application submitted: Dec 27th
Interview: Jan 9th
Offer from department: Feb 10th
Online status changed to "under review by GAO": Feb 22nd
Conditional offer (from GAO): March 13th
Accepted at Corpus: March 15th
PhD in Engineering here. Received a conditional offer back in December, and have been accepted by Emmanuel College.

Has anyone heard anything about the Cambridge International Scholarship? I know there was one person from last week that was offered it, but has anyone else received an offer?
Original post by Rocket Queen
Hi all! MPhil in Zoology here. Just waiting to see if I have received any funding now.

First contact w/ supervisor: Dec 6th
Application submitted: Dec 27th
Interview: Jan 9th
Offer from department: Feb 10th
Online status changed to "under review by GAO": Feb 22nd
Conditional offer (from GAO): March 13th
Accepted at Corpus: March 15th

I'm at Corpus too, for a Biology PhD! :smile:
Original post by aleatorio
I'm at Corpus too, for a Biology PhD! :smile:

Also accepted by Corpus today! 💪🏽
Original post by SomeFolk
Also accepted by Corpus today! 💪🏽

Congrats! What program?
Anyone from Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic here? Or Clare Hall?
Original post by aleatorio
Congrats! What program?

MPhil in Dev Studies
Original post by camjamesf
I was rejected by Queens' last week and still seeking college membership :frown: Does anyone know if the UCU strikes are likely to have an impact on college admissions? Will they still be allocating college places throughout Easter? All a little stressful...

I'm wondering this too--its been 3 weeks since I got my conditional offer and no word from my 1st choice. I was assuming it was because of the strike, but it seems like lots of people have been hearing. I'm also worried because it seems like successful college offers usually come within a few days of the conditional offer...
Cambridge Trust website has started updating btw: https://www.cambridgetrust.org/scholars/awards/
Original post by camjamesf

Unlikely to, the Union has a relationship with the university, not the Colleges. College functions/contracts aren't affected, other than trying to take up some of the slack from the Uni, ie accommodate lectures etc.
Reply 194
I've noticed that some of these scholarships have already reached 'Honorary' status. What's all that about?
Reply 195
Original post by kulchur
Cambridge Trust website has started updating btw: https://www.cambridgetrust.org/scholars/awards/

I wonder if they’re checking out MPhil applications slowly? All but four awards are PhD. Still keeping my fingers crossed regardless!
Reply 196
Hey folks, I got a letter (sent via email) the other day saying that I've won a Newton - College Masters Award. I've certainly very happy about it and have gladly accepted but I have little idea of what is actually is and why I was selected (apparently they award about 70 every year) as it is part of the central university funding competition (so I didn't have to apply for it).

Has anyone else received a similar surprise letter?
Original post by GBA13
Hey folks, I got a letter (sent via email) the other day saying that I've won a Newton - College Masters Award. I've certainly very happy about it and have gladly accepted but I have little idea of what is actually is and why I was selected (apparently they award about 70 every year) as it is part of the central university funding competition (so I didn't have to apply for it).

Congratulations! Go back a couple of pages and someone else received one a couple of days ago. Do you mind advising which college it was from, and what degree you will be studying?
Original post by todeon
I've noticed that some of these scholarships have already reached 'Honorary' status. What's all that about?

It usually means they also got AHRC/ESRC/etc. and they've either being funded 50:50, or they're funded wholly by research council but get to keep the name of an 'honorary award' from the Trust.
Original post by GBA13

Congratulations! I got the same award a couple of days ago too, it was a very welcome surprise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending