The Student Room Group

understanding your 'white privilege' workshops for uni lecturers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HighOnGoofballs
Colonisation may have helped some places who were literally so poor they couldn't afford seeds to eat.

Colonisation was a very different story for countries like India who were bloody rich. Colonisation stripped the Indians of all their wealth. India has 27% of the WORLDS GDP pre-colonisation, and post-colonisation it was reduced to 3%...but hey, thanks for the railways.

Countries like India was bloody rich...for nobles. I mean for common folk life wasn't that much different. I would even argue that west often raised the quality of living just to make poor masses hate nobility.

And what's use was for that GDP? It's not like they were building space shuttles and britains came and destroyed it.
And also recent "colonization-like" action in Japan helped Japan a lot in a sense. I heard somewhere a quote about the reason why some countries became like Japan or South Asia, while others became like different african or south american countries. l for that I can't find it for now.

P.S. found a quote: America gives freedom to live according to the mindset. And if we look at the history it looks like true - some countries under USA influence became rich and prosper, others failed to tribe societies.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by queen-bee
OMG,is that a young david cameron and Boris in the photo? they look kinda hot :innocent:

What happened?

sad boris.png
I really wanna attend a lecture like this just so I can see wtf they actually teach.

Question tho: If somebody says something "unknowingly racist" and everybody around him didn't know either, was it all that racist? I mean you've not directly offended any minorities 'cause they didn't think it was racist either soooo...?
Ah yes the only form of institutional racism that is not only accepted but pushed
Original post by AperfectBalance
Ah yes the only form of institutional racism that is not only accepted but pushed

Erm, no. They're not being pushed.
Original post by Conceited
Erm, no. They're not being pushed.

Some universities are allowing this, many people are accepting it and doing this means unis and people are pushing this agenda to a degree
Original post by AperfectBalance
Some universities are allowing this, many people are accepting it and doing this means unis and people are pushing this agenda to a degree

Not really. If you call Universities complicit, then I'll take that. But these are not being pushed at all.
Original post by Conceited
Not really. If you call Universities complicit, then I'll take that. But these are not being pushed at all.

you can find plenty of talks and university talks about this whole "white evil, black victm" stuff it needs to be stopped instantly, them being complicit and allowing it is disgraceful
You know, with all this nonsense is it any surprise that you get white extremists now that want to fight back against this? I mean Nazism is identity politics. These people are pushing identity politics. They're forcing people to become white identitarians in order to combat them.
If this happened at my university I would be talking to my solicitor right now.

Pure discrimination and racism. They should be ashamed of themselves...
(edited 6 years ago)
Uni's are leftist anti-White indoctrination centres

And sadly many of these places were once founded by largely White men but now used against Whites
Reply 51
Still can't believe it,too comical to be taken seriously
Hiya, I attended a white privelege workshop and now I feel funny I keep on getting this urge to watch buzzfeed and subscribe to all their channels, plus I keep on getting all these numbers in head just circling around.
Reply 53
Original post by Dodo0099
Hiya, I attended a white privelege workshop and now I feel funny I keep on getting this urge to watch buzzfeed and subscribe to all their channels, plus I keep on getting all these numbers in head just circling around.

Omg are you for real?! Did you actually attend? :rofl:
Still can't believe it,too comical to be taken seriously

It should be taken seriously though, allowing these to manifest is what has caused racism in the past.

Really and truly they should be banning this as they wouldn't allow it if it was "black people privilege" or any variation of that so why allow this?
Reply 55
Original post by Maths_English
It should be taken seriously though, allowing these to manifest is what has caused racism in the past.

Really and truly they should be banning this as they wouldn't allow it if it was "black people privilege" or any variation of that so why allow this?

Because it's become permissible in 2018. People are not afraid to speak on **** like white supremacy amd white privilege,It even spread to our places of education. Where next? Hospitals? Restaurants? Place of work?
Because it's become permissible in 2018. People are not afraid to speak on **** like white supremacy amd white privilege,It even spread to our places of education. Where next? Hospitals? Restaurants? Place of work?

Sorry I'm having a hard time comprehending what you are saying here.

I'm against this lecture of so called "white privilege" as it is racist in itself, from what I understand in the OP you share the same view?
Reply 57
Original post by Maths_English
Sorry I'm having a hard time comprehending what you are saying here.

I'm against this lecture of so called "white privilege" as it is racist in itself, from what I understand in the OP you share the same view?

What I'm saying is that in modern society,people are not afraid to speak out about white privilege/supremacy. I'm sure there are meaningful ways to go about it,without causing racial tensions.
Omg are you for real?! Did you actually attend? :rofl:

Yeah, anyway russia rigged the 2016 election and class is a patriarchal construct, so it professionalism all the lizard people are misogonistic REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending