The Student Room Group

should I spend my entire summer holiday working full time?

I've been given an opportunity to do an internship for 6 weeks over the summer, it could be in any role such as law, banking, property, marketing etc. I'd be earning up to 400 pounds per week and working 5 days a week from 9 to 5.
This will be straight after my exams in June. I know this is a gud opp. But I hate working from 9 to 5 full time, i just wanna relax this summer not make my brain go to **** working full time. Also I already work once a week from like 8 till 6 and i would acc go crazy if I had to work like that full time. i need money but i also wanna just wind down after a really stressful year. Should I do this?

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like a fantastic opportunity and will look great on your CV as well. You can still relax in the evenings and on the weekends and really 6 weeks isn't that long. What year are you in?
Work experience is invaluable these days, especially considering the job market is already so strained. I'd take the work.
Original post by showaeski
Sounds like a fantastic opportunity and will look great on your CV as well. You can still relax in the evenings and on the weekends and really 6 weeks isn't that long. What year are you in?

I totally agree.
You would be a fool to turn it down. You get the experience and the money. Winner.
Original post by Emma:-)
I totally agree.
You would be a fool to turn it down. You get the experience and the money. Winner.

but i just wanna relaxxx this summer, ive been so stressed and tired this year and i need a break mann.
and besides the sectors in which i get work experience are not sectors that im likely to be working in, in the futture. I just thought it would be good for money but i cant imagine working full tiem like that I'd literally go bonkers and bail before the week is over
Depends if you need the cashola
Original post by justanotherchica
but i just wanna relaxxx this summer, ive been so stressed and tired this year and i need a break mann.
and besides the sectors in which i get work experience are not sectors that im likely to be working in, in the futture. I just thought it would be good for money but i cant imagine working full tiem like that I'd literally go bonkers and bail before the week is over

Imagine what you can spend with all that money you earn, or if you are smart invest :wink:
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Depends if you need the cashola

I kinda do but I already have a job and it doesnt pay as much obvi but I can increase my hours a lil bit

is it reallllly that bad if I turn down this offer? I wanna go in to journalism in the future not law, banking,accounting property etc.
Original post by SuperHuman98
Imagine what you can spend with all that money you earn, or if you are smart invest :wink:

bruhhh dont do this
this is acc killing me :confused::afraid::argh:
I've been given an opportunity to do an internship for 6 weeks over the summer, it could be in any role such as law, banking, property, marketing etc. I'd be earning up to 400 pounds per week and working 5 days a week from 9 to 5.
This will be straight after my exams in June. I know this is a gud opp. But I hate working from 9 to 5 full time, i just wanna relax this summer not make my brain go to **** working full time. Also I already work once a week from like 8 till 6 and i would acc go crazy if I had to work like that full time. i need money but i also wanna just wind down after a really stressful year. Should I do this?

What year are you in?
bruhhh dont do this
this is acc killing me :confused::afraid::argh:

Honestly though go for it, you think you don't want to work and then when summer comes and you want money or everyone else is working thats when you want to work lol
Original post by Muttley79
What year are you in?

year 13
Honestly though go for it, you think you don't want to work and then when summer comes and you want money or everyone else is working thats when you want to work lol

but i already have a job and sure more money would be verry nice and acc... kinda convenient i just wanna sit around and watch TV and sleep and finally not be so stressed after a stressful ****ing year
but i already have a job and sure more money would be verry nice and acc... kinda convenient i just wanna sit around and watch TV and sleep and finally not be so stressed after a stressful ****ing year

You can do all of that everyday when you are finished with your internship work
year 13

Do it for 6 weeks - you have 3 months before uni! Plenty of time to chill ...
Original post by Muttley79
Do it for 6 weeks - you have 3 months before uni! Plenty of time to chill ...

july august and like part of september
they said 6 weeks minimum and 13 weeks maximum. imagine if it ended up being 8 weeks or even 13. id die honestly, my entire holiday just ****ing gone.
im sorry i sound like a loser but you guys have no idea that my biggest phobia is working 9 to 5 like for me it's a killer. i do it once a week already and thats just enuf for me
You can do all of that everyday when you are finished with your internship work

once its finished the holz will be over
You're in a dilemma. If I were you I wouldn't take it.. mostly because you already have a job that can fund your leisure time! Like you said you can also pick up some more hours. + Ya can enjoy your summer.
you can relax next summer, go for it x

Take the decision that suits you! You obviously need a break, just go for it. The opportunity seems great. Where is this internship?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending