The Student Room Group

JSA Personal Advisor out to get me?

Scroll to see replies

3 searches per day is acceptable, 15 per week so says my advisor in Rotherham.
Best thing to do, do your weekly searches and apply on a Sunday, right them all down on paper, apply them to universal job site as per told, 3 searches per day, make your searches long in the activity log. i.e. instead of putting ..searched emails, put something like, I have checked my emails online as to my job alerts and applied to ......... Later today i will check my emails again later, and apply accordantly. ect.
Works for me.
Job seekers are not lazy by far, the majority of long term unemployed are let down by the system. Sure some are plain lazy but then you get those job seekers like me who take on work programs/skills development including volunteering helping the community still unemployed because employers don't want to pay out. The longer your unemployed the harder it gets including physically
Job seekers are not lazy by far, the majority of long term unemployed are let down by the system. Sure some are plain lazy but then you get those job seekers like me who take on work programs/skills development including volunteering helping the community still unemployed because employers don't want to pay out. The longer your unemployed the harder it gets including physically
Original post by lar di da
If you've been on JSA for 4-5 months then you're doing something wrong - namely that you're being lazy. Don't try that crap saying that you need to put effort into a few good applications. That's crap cause lets face it, the standard of each application you send out is basically the same. At the starting level, with little experience, it's a numbers game and the best thing you can do is contact as many firms as you can sending out a crap load of emails, cv's cover letters. Spending time on a few applications that you want is not gonna work because if you're unexperienced, your 'best' application will still be destroyed by other more qualified people.

Beggars can't be choosers.
And yes, if you're on JSA you are a beggar.

- And before you try to retaliate, I was on JSA for 2 weeks last year and it is one of the most depressing places I have ever been. The one thing i noticed about people who went to those centres is how messed up their mentality was (obviously there will be exceptions...so giving me one counterexample won't suffice). They are lazy and even think that they're too good for the system.

There is a small introductory talk for people signing on where you're in a group of fellow losers and we all had to list out what type of jobs we were looking for. one crazy lady, around 50, on every type of benefit possible, began complaining that she didn't want a minimum wage job because she was too good for it. She's on benefits and is complaining that she was better than working as a cleaner, and any minimum wage job. What a joke. I won't rant more because i'll get angry.

But yeah, thats the general attitude - Sitting on your ass. There's a million opportunities for you out there. Not just ones online.

Be smart about it, GTFO JSA.

I was in the same position with no experience as well, with no contacts, but through a crap load of emailing and contacting, I managed to get a job and now my career path is improving exponentially. Be proactive and stop sitting on your ass.

Job seekers are not lazy by far, the majority of long term unemployed are let down by the system. Sure some are plain lazy but then you get those job seekers like me who take on work programs/skills development including volunteering helping the community still unemployed because employers don't want to pay out. The longer your unemployed the harder it gets including physically & mentally. Even if you want a career, if you dont have gcse maths you can't get funding for courses longer than 2 weeks as most jobs require c grade maths abd a qualification you cant get because you dont have the maths. That maths is like algebra its useless in life in most jobs but employers demand c in maths. That cancels out a lot of potential employees. Not only that this 'must do everything online' cancels out a lot of potential employees, the internet is not a safe secure place to throw out personal information, especially as some jobs are false. If you think all job seekers are lazy then I feel more sorry for you as your life is obviously so cold that your numb, than i do for job seekers. If you yourself have been job seeking then you know damn well that its not easy, have some empathy. Theres no need to critisize others.
Ask to see another advisor for personal reasons.
Reply 85
Original post by JadeAliceS
Ask to see another advisor for personal reasons.

Jeez how judgemental of you.
Original post by Quady
Jeez how judgemental of you.

What do you mean? If they are having problems with 1 advisor whats judgemental about asking to switch to another?
Reply 87
Original post by JadeAliceS
What do you mean? If they are having problems with 1 advisor whats judgemental about asking to switch to another?

Assuming the OP is on the dole three years later is a bit of a mean statement isn't it?
Original post by Quady
Assuming the OP is on the dole three years later is a bit of a mean statement isn't it?

Well i can't know that and fab if they are off it but if they are, whats the problem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending