The Student Room Group

Year plan for MSc speech and language therapy at city university

Just wondering if anyone has the academic year plan for city university’s msc speech and language therapy? I am starting the course in September haven’t received any information on the timetable. I really need this so that I can start sorting out childcare.

Last years one would be fine just so I can get a idea of holidays, lectures and study days etc.

Any information gratefully received.
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Charlybar
Just wondering if anyone has the academic year plan for city university’s msc speech and language therapy? I am starting the course in September haven’t received any information on the timetable. I really need this so that I can start sorting out childcare.

Last years one would be fine just so I can get a idea of holidays, lectures and study days etc.

Any information gratefully received.
Thanks

Hello

Last years (17/18) can be found here: https://sws.city.ac.uk/tt1718/default.aspx

Select ‘Programme’ on the left then filter by School of Health Sciences then the MSc SLT.
Reply 2
Original post by Mousey27
Hello

Last years (17/18) can be found here: https://sws.city.ac.uk/tt1718/default.aspx

Select ‘Programme’ on the left then filter by School of Health Sciences then the MSc SLT.

Thanks v much for your reply. Have done as you say but when I request a timetable it reverts back to the search page. Do I need to have a login to access it ? Or any other idea why not working? Thanks for your help.
Reply 3
Thanks v much for your reply. Have done as you say but when I request a timetable it reverts back to the search page. Do I need to have a login to access it ? Or any other idea why not working? Thanks for your help.

Hmm that's strange. Have you tried again? You don't need to login or anything. Perhaps try different report formats (spreadsheet, list by week, grid) etc...
Reply 4

It worked for me after I disabled pop-ups.
Reply 5

You need to disable Pop-ups.
Reply 6
Original post by Mousey27
Hmm that's strange. Have you tried again? You don't need to login or anything. Perhaps try different report formats (spreadsheet, list by week, grid) etc...

Hi there It's working for me now.... my computer was blocking the pop-up. Thanks v. much for your help - that is really useful. Another quick question - is the timetable only for tutorials/lectures? I can't see any mention of dates for placements. Are these scheduled in separately? If so, do you have any idea when these start and which day of the week they usually take place?
Reply 7
Hi there It's working for me now.... my computer was blocking the pop-up. Thanks v. much for your help - that is really useful. Another quick question - is the timetable only for tutorials/lectures? I can't see any mention of dates for placements. Are these scheduled in separately? If so, do you have any idea when these start and which day of the week they usually take place?

I don't know if you noticed, but on the timetable, you'll see that we have off days on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I'm assuming placements would take place on Tuesdays (which is typically a full day) and we have a day off on Wednesdays.

City did say we would receive the 2018 course timetable in Spring. I would wait until then before you'll start making arrangements. I have a child too, so do understand your anxiety !
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Adesola
I don't know if you noticed, but on the timetable, you'll see that we have off days on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I'm assuming placements would take place on Tuesdays (which is typically a full day) and we have a day off on Wednesdays.

City did say we would receive the 2018 course timetable in Spring. I would wait until then before you'll start making arrangements. I have a child too, so do understand your anxiety !

Hi there - thanks for that - yes that would make sense looking at the timetable. I guess I will have to wait till the course timetable is released, but it is frustrating not knowing when thinking about arranging childcare etc. Also, I will most likely be commuting into the course from Sussex so really need to know timings etc. to visualise feasible it will all be, particularly with my daughter starting school in September too!

Quick Reply

Latest