The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Politics and International Relations Applicants 2018

Anyone applying to Dundee for Politics and IR this year? Interested to see who is applying and when people get offers. I don't think anyone has achieved an offer from Dundee as of 12/11/2017 but I may be wrong. Good luck to all applicants!
Reply 1
4th year Politics student at the uni, happy to answer any queries!
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by Airmed
4th year Politics student at the uni, happy to answer any queries!

What’s the course like in first and second year?
Reply 3
Original post by SocialStudiesETC

I can't comment on first year as I skipped it. But second year, especially the politics module in first semester, felt very much like A Level Politics. For both modules it is 2 lectures a week and a tutorial a week. The lectures are quite big compared to third and fourth year.
Hi , I’m applying for Politics and IR at Dundee this year, sent off my application yesterday .
My results at Nat 5 were AAAAAA
at higher I got AABBC
this year I’m doing AH Spanish , AH history and AH English
Hoping for an offer!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CoffeeBeans99
Hi , I’m applying for Politics and IR at Dundee this year, sent off my application yesterday .
My results at Nat 5 were AAAAAA
at higher I got AABBC
this year I’m doing AH Spanish , AH history and AH English
Hoping for an offer!

Nice to see someone else applying! Do say when you get a response, although I'd say you'll definitely get an offer with those grades! Good luck :smile:
Hi, I got an unconditional on the 2nd of Feb for Politics and Int Relations. So happy!
Are you a Scottish/EU student ? Because I’m French predicted 16,5/20 which is all A’s I think for you but still wait no for an answer
Waiting
Still waiting
Some rejections in Politics just arrived one of my friends got rejected and even if it’s not our course we still didn’t get rejected
Original post by SocialStudiesETC

First year Econ and IR student here, in first year you have to take a UK politics module which is easier than A-Levels. Other than that you are free to take any other modules as you start IR in second year, im taking some geography and history modules for example. Tbh first year is a waste of time so use it to find other things that you are interested in, like sports or societies. Let me know if you have any other questions about the course or accommodation or just the uni in general
Original post by harry874
First year Econ and IR student here, in first year you have to take a UK politics module which is easier than A-Levels. Other than that you are free to take any other modules as you start IR in second year, im taking some geography and history modules for example. Tbh first year is a waste of time so use it to find other things that you are interested in, like sports or societies. Let me know if you have any other questions about the course or accommodation or just the uni in general

When did you get your answer when you got in do you remember ? Sorry if you already said it 🙂
Original post by adele.chstg
When did you get your answer when you got in do you remember ? Sorry if you already said it 🙂

I received my offer at the end of March. Don't worry about when your offer comes in, different unis take different amounts of time
I received my offer at the end of March. Don't worry about when your offer comes in, different unis take different amounts of time

Okay thank you I’m so worried
Original post by adele.chstg
Okay thank you I’m so worried

dont be, with your predicted grades you'll be fine
dont be, with your predicted grades you'll be fine

It doesn’t mean anything my friend got rejected he had even better grades. It’s hard when you are European
But fingers crossed and we will see
I’m Scottish and got an unconditional for IR and politics on the 15th of March!!Got AAABC in my highers Hope that helps xxx
Anyone firming their offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending