The Student Room Group

Cardiff and USW Midwifery 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by tegan22
Nooo:frown: i was feeling hopeful!

It could be too early and considering the snow we have right now they may not be able to send them out!
Reply 61
Original post by MrsB2005
It came through this morning. 3rd March! 😬

How did your interview go after? ☺️
Reply 62
I’ve got an interview for USW!☺️
Reply 63
Original post by Fesr

Yaaaaay! Congrats!
Reply 64
Original post by Fesr

well done!!
Reply 65
Thanks both! Let me know how you get on!
Reply 66
Anyone have any news for either? I’m going insane haha
Reply 67
I had my interview yesterday for USW and got an offer today! Have any of you had interviews yet? ☺️
Any tips for the interview? Got mine Monday ahhh
Reply 69
Original post by Hannah2605
Any tips for the interview? Got mine Monday ahhh

I know it’s hard, but honestly don’t panic! It’s really relaxed and casual. I only had two people in with me and they asked the generic questions that are on the website. Make sure you know some issues going on, and about the NMC, and be prepared to be asked your option about things within midwifery! My interview was about 20 minutes long. Be chatty and smiley. Oh and read up on the course! Make sure you know everything you can about that specific uni course. Good luck!!
Reply 70
Original post by Fesr
I had my interview yesterday for USW and got an offer today! Have any of you had interviews yet? ☺️

Congratulations! That’s amazing! I got rejected from usw!
Reply 71
Just an update on my application
Swansea - Interview 9th January- reserves
UWE - Interview 18th January - Unconditional offer
Cardiff - Interview 28th February- conditional offer
USW- Rejected
Reply 72
Original post by cmorgan95
Congratulations! That’s amazing! I got rejected from usw!

Thank you!! Congrats on your offer! Do you know which uni you’re gonna chose?
Reply 73
Original post by Fesr
Thank you!! Congrats on your offer! Do you know which uni you’re gonna chose?

Thank you!! I’ve firmed Cardiff x
Original post by Fesr
I know it’s hard, but honestly don’t panic! It’s really relaxed and casual. I only had two people in with me and they asked the generic questions that are on the website. Make sure you know some issues going on, and about the NMC, and be prepared to be asked your option about things within midwifery! My interview was about 20 minutes long. Be chatty and smiley. Oh and read up on the course! Make sure you know everything you can about that specific uni course. Good luck!!

Amazing thank you so much! I’ve written out my responses to all the questions on the website and learnt them so i feel really prepared for that part and i know about current issues so i’m Praying i get a place :frown: can i ask what opinions they asked you about midwifery? Was it about problems or things within midwifery like breastfeeding etc?
Reply 75

Ahh congratulations!! It’s so exciting now isn’t it? Haha!x
Reply 76
Original post by Hannah2605
Amazing thank you so much! I’ve written out my responses to all the questions on the website and learnt them so i feel really prepared for that part and i know about current issues so i’m Praying i get a place :frown: can i ask what opinions they asked you about midwifery? Was it about problems or things within midwifery like breastfeeding etc?

That’s exactly what I did too! I’m not allowed to tell you the exact question I’m sorry 😩 but basically know about brest feeding, c sections, anything that’s a bit controversial and is about a mother desision vs health benefits or cost! I’m sure you’ll do fine if you’re prepared for the questions On their website! X
Original post by Fesr
That’s exactly what I did too! I’m not allowed to tell you the exact question I’m sorry 😩 but basically know about brest feeding, c sections, anything that’s a bit controversial and is about a mother desision vs health benefits or cost! I’m sure you’ll do fine if you’re prepared for the questions On their website! X

Thank you so much! Congrats again on the offer x

There is a Cardiff group for 2018 incase you havent seen it!
Reply 79
Original post by Sophielouise997
There is a Cardiff group for 2018 incase you havent seen it!

Sophie 😂 I’m admin with you hahahaha! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending