The Student Room Group

watch matilda get four A*s or die trying

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ninja_uchiha
hi, i'd like to know any revision strategeies you used for the sciences plz?

i just revised straight from the specification! it’s super detailed if you do AQA sciences like i did, so it’s all you need to revise from! and make sure to do all the past papers available, and make notes on any questions you can’t answer.
I love your title and username!! :love:
good luck with your a levels!! which exam boards are you doing??
Original post by nyxnko_
I love your title and username!! :love:
good luck with your a levels!! which exam boards are you doing??

thank you!! circle of sighs is an inside joke between me and my friends 😂 i’m doing aqa for all my subjects, and i think english lit might be the B spec? but i’m not entirely sure haha
Original post by circleofsighs
thank you!! circle of sighs is an inside joke between me and my friends 😂 i’m doing aqa for all my subjects, and i think english lit might be the B spec? but i’m not entirely sure haha

might be worthwhile to check which spec you're doing :redface:
Original post by nyxnko_
might be worthwhile to check which spec you're doing :redface:

probably! haha
morning guys! today i’m working from 12-8, then i’m gonna get the two pieces of homework i have left done so that i can revise decision maths all of tomorrow afternoon! what are you guys doing today?
good luck!! :smile:
Original post by clouddbubbles
good luck!! :smile:

thank you!!
hey! really enjoying your gyg, good luck with the maths :smile: i just started one and i’m so late but i think its a cool community
Original post by charl0104
hey! really enjoying your gyg, good luck with the maths :smile: i just started one and i’m so late but i think its a cool community

thank you!!! i’ll check yours out!
hello, good luck with your gyg, your grades are amazing! i'm thinking of doing english lit at a-level:biggrin:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
hello, good luck with your gyg, your grades are amazing! i'm thinking of doing english lit at a-level:biggrin:

thank you!! and you should, it’s really interesting and super fun!
Hey! So what jobs would you like to do with the A levels you chose?
What uni do you wanna go to?
I want to do Maths, Biology and English language and literature. What advice do you have for people that feel they are limiting their options by not going into one specific route? Could there be negative affects at places like Cambridge university?
Original post by AverageDork
Hey! So what jobs would you like to do with the A levels you chose?
What uni do you wanna go to?
I want to do Maths, Biology and English language and literature. What advice do you have for people that feel they are limiting their options by not going into one specific route? Could there be negative affects at places like Cambridge university?

hiya! i’m thinking of doing an engineering degree at university right now! you should definitely do maths and english lit; they’re great! i’ve heard biology is a lot of hard work. i think that whatever you do at A level there should be loads of career options for you, so just make sure you do something you enjoy and could imagine yourself doing everyday! and i think the pressure at cambridge seems quite intense as you’re not even allowed a part time job! i went there with school and the workload seemed massive.
updates:
-got 37/48 on a decision homework, which i don’t think is bad considering we weren’t taught half the things on it! i understand my mistakes so i can improve next time
-80/92 on a physics mechanics test!!
things i gotta do:
HOMEWORK!!
revise for the imminent physics tests (mechanics 2 is on monday)
message phil back (phil is my e mentor under the sutton trust stem programme i’m on! he’s gr8)
start reading up on engineering!

also update:
i booked my accommodation for my work experience at mclaren! so that’s very definite now and i’m super excited!
so tonight i have done some further maths and i also started reading a brief history of time, RIP stephen hawkings
hi guys!! how are you all? so tomorrow and sunday i’m working, but here’s my homework list:
-physics practical report
-annotations of the kite runner
-finish some mechanics
-revise physics the test on monday!

does anyone have any tips on starting to revise for the oxford/cambridge engineering entrance exams?
Original post by circleofsighs
hi guys!! how are you all? so tomorrow and sunday i’m working, but here’s my homework list:
-physics practical report
-annotations of the kite runner
-finish some mechanics
-revise physics the test on monday!

does anyone have any tips on starting to revise for the oxford/cambridge engineering entrance exams?

i need to start too but I reckon I'll do most of it in the summer :tongue:
I think the best thing to do is to look through the syllabus and use practice papers
Love your GYG thread!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending