The Student Room Group

A Christmas Carol theme of Christmas

Hello, I am currently making a revision document for the themes within A Christmas Carol and have covered most of them but I am struggling to find exmaples and quotes to explain the theme of Christmas. My revision is set out in the order of : Point >Example > Explanation + Link to the theme. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the theme of Christmas by provided some examples and quotes that convey the theme.
Reply 1
Original post by jdebrux
Hello, I am currently making a revision document for the themes within A Christmas Carol and have covered most of them but I am struggling to find exmaples and quotes to explain the theme of Christmas. My revision is set out in the order of : Point >Example > Explanation + Link to the theme. I was wondering if anyone could help me with the theme of Christmas by provided some examples and quotes that convey the theme.

why dickens decided to set the play around christmas was because he liked the communal atmosphere where family and friends would get together would get together.

examples of this in the novella would be bob cratchits family dinner and the fred's party.

i dont know from the top of my head quotes but i hope this was helpful in my mock that i just did the question was how is scrooge isolated from society you may wanna look at the themes connected to that question.
Reply 2
research Dante's inferno and its link to christmas carol then poor law and its link

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending