The Student Room Group

GCSES

Hi i am really stressed out because I hardly know anything and it has literally just hit March, end of February and my GCSEs are like 2 and a half months away!!! On May 15th. I dont know if aim going to pass because I am on level 3s and 4s for my subjects but im targeted level 5s and 6s. I just want a good pass in the majority of my subjects so level 5s and 6s especially in Maths, English and Sciences. Can you help me? Because I want to know if its too late
Reply 1
It's not too late, you need to do revision outside of school, preferably a few hours a day, and make sure you're covering all your subjects equally and practising what you find most difficult
Original post by Guest1607
Hi i am really stressed out because I hardly know anything and it has literally just hit March, end of February and my GCSEs are like 2 and a half months away!!! On May 15th. I dont know if aim going to pass because I am on level 3s and 4s for my subjects but im targeted level 5s and 6s. I just want a good pass in the majority of my subjects so level 5s and 6s especially in Maths, English and Sciences. Can you help me? Because I want to know if its too late

Not too late.

Get a plan, get organised and work consistently hard.

Good notes and understanding f core material, then practice exams from halfway in. You can make the improvements but you need to id why you are losing marks and then include the extras in your next attempts.
Ten weeks plus exams to work hard. less panic and more focus to do your best.
Reply 3
Original post by flabi
It's not too late, you need to do revision outside of school, preferably a few hours a day, and make sure you're covering all your subjects equally and practising what you find most difficult

But is it too late for me to get 5 and 6's even if I feel like I domt know anything ? But i am willing to work a lot harder? How harder do I have to work for me to get these levels considering I feel like I domt know anything
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Not too late.

Get a plan, get organised and work consistently hard.

Good notes and understanding f core material, then practice exams from halfway in. You can make the improvements but you need to id why you are losing marks and then include the extras in your next attempts.
Ten weeks plus exams to work hard. less panic and more focus to do your best.

How much revision would I have to do until May 15th for me to get 5 and 6's in my subjects?
Reply 5
How much revision would I have to do until May 15th for me to get 5 and 6's in my subjects?

There's not a set amount of revision you have to do, it's different for everyone, just do as much as you can without tiring yourself too much
Reply 6
Original post by flabi
There's not a set amount of revision you have to do, it's different for everyone, just do as much as you can without tiring yourself too much

Yeah, true but do you think if I try I can go from 4's to 6's?
Reply 7
Yeah, true but do you think if I try I can go from 4's to 6's?

If you do efficient revision, what do you wanna get 6's?
I would 100% reccomend past papers, especially for science and maths. Goodluck!
*recommend
If you revise well (not necessarily for the most anpunt of time) it's definitely possible. try specimen papers and lok at the mark schemes- hiw to get the marks, what doesn't get marks eye
Reply 11
Original post by Sciencenerd101
If you revise well (not necessarily for the most anpunt of time) it's definitely possible. try specimen papers and lok at the mark schemes- hiw to get the marks, what doesn't get marks eye

yeah true thanks, I am trying to
Reply 12
Original post by 247stress
I would 100% reccomend past papers, especially for science and maths. Goodluck!

Shall i just do like loads of past papers? and go over them all? like will that help with my revision aswell?
Reply 13
Original post by Lukem14
If you do efficient revision, what do you wanna get 6's?

Im on like 4's right now, some 5's but I want to get 6's is it possible?
Reply 14
Im on like 4's right now, some 5's but I want to get 6's is it possible?

what do you mean by efficient revision, like approx how many hours a day and when?
Do as many past papers as you can but allow a 5 to 10 minute break every 25 minutes. If you just work constantly information won't stick.

Quick Reply

Latest