The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam Bursaries?

I have an unconditional offer to study Illustration at Sheffield Hallam. I have accepted this offer and my place has been confirmed, I've applied for Student Finance and my loans have been confirmed.
I was told that most universities offer grants, bursaries and scholarships and that the up-to-date information about them will be on the websites. I looked on SHU's website recently at their bursaries and such, but it says that the funding listed is only for 2017/18. When will the information for 2018/19's bursaries be available?
Original post by mollyjm
I have an unconditional offer to study Illustration at Sheffield Hallam. I have accepted this offer and my place has been confirmed, I've applied for Student Finance and my loans have been confirmed.
I was told that most universities offer grants, bursaries and scholarships and that the up-to-date information about them will be on the websites. I looked on SHU's website recently at their bursaries and such, but it says that the funding listed is only for 2017/18. When will the information for 2018/19's bursaries be available?

The bursaries for 2018/2019 should be similar to 2017/2018.

Call up Sheffield Hallam today and ask if you need the information now

Also, moved to the Hallam subforum :borat:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by mollyjm

Hi @mollyjm

As far as I can see, the information is up to date? Can you link to me where you are looking at please?

Thank you,
Reanne
Reply 3
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @mollyjm

As far as I can see, the information is up to date? Can you link to me where you are looking at please?

Thank you,
Reanne

I was looking on the page you linked, but it says for 2017 to 2018, I was wondering if 2018 to 2019 would be the same or any different?
Original post by mollyjm
I was looking on the page you linked, but it says for 2017 to 2018, I was wondering if 2018 to 2019 would be the same or any different?

Hi @mollyjm,

Sorry for the late response, the information is correct and the same for 2018/19.

Any questions, just let me know!

Reanne
Reply 5
Hi @mollyjm,

Sorry for the late response, the information is correct and the same for 2018/19.

Any questions, just let me know!

Reanne

Thank you very much! I was mainly wondering because for one of the bursary offers, the Student Success scholarship, I meet 3 of the criteria: high intensity/ cost course (illustration), i have a disability, and my parents earn less than £40,000.
Also, the High Achievement Scholarship, I'm doing a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, predicted a Distinction. The foundation diploma isn't on the list, does it not count for that bursary?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mollyjm
Thank you very much! I was mainly wondering because for one of the bursary offers, the Student Success scholarship, I meet 3 of the criteria: high intensity/ cost course (illustration), i have a disability, and my parents earn less than £40,000.
Also, the High Achievement Scholarship, I'm doing a Foundation Diploma in Art and Design, predicted a Distinction. The foundation diploma isn't on the list, does it not count for that bursary?

Hi @mollyjm!

I contacted Admissions as in the PDF it says Diploma in Foundation Studies (which threw me off) but they said that, that is the same course and you'll be eligible for the bursary.

Reanne
Reply 7
Hi @mollyjm!

I contacted Admissions as in the PDF it says Diploma in Foundation Studies (which threw me off) but they said that, that is the same course and you'll be eligible for the bursary.

Reanne

How would I go about applying for bursaries? Do I have to have enrolled first? Do I have to contact anyone?
Hi @mollyjm,

Your best option is to contact admissions on 0114 225 5533 or send them an email: [email protected].

Thanks,
Bridget

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending