The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

BA fashion design csm

Did everyone who applied to csm ba fashion courses get an invitation for the interview? I applied through UCAS and haven’t heard anything from them yet, does this mean I got rejected from school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied to csm's ba fashion courses as well but i haven't gotten an invitation. I think from what i've heard from others as long as you don't get a rejection email after sending your mini portfolio that means you are still being considered
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
So it’s normal to not hear anything back yet right? Such a relief other people have got their interview dates and I thought I got rejected
Reply 3
haha yes i think it is normal. What fashion course have you applied to?
Reply 4
I’ve applied to knitwear and menswear🙃
Reply 5
Original post by khgben
Did everyone who applied to csm ba fashion courses get an invitation for the interview? I applied through UCAS and haven’t heard anything from them yet, does this mean I got rejected from school?

I think students on the fashion pathway of the CSM foundation who applied to the fashion degrees at CSM were due to find out today, so the process is still progressing. It's a massive number of applications for the fashion BA's at CSM so they do take a while to go through them all. Hope you hear soon.
when did you guys apply? as ive already been invitied for an interview at csm for BA fashion
Reply 7
applied through ucas and handed in my mini portfolio through pebblepad. Did you get an email from the school asking for full folio review?
Reply 8
Hi,
When is your interview and when did you receive your invite? what course have you applied to?

Original post by cerysgratton
when did you guys apply? as ive already been invitied for an interview at csm for BA fashion
So i recived an interview for a full portfolio review on the 22nd of feb. Its for the BA in womenswear and its on the 12th of march. However i know someone else who has applied for the same course and they havent heard anthing back, so i wouldnt worry too much. When did you guys send your application in?, as i sent mine in before christmas so im wondering whether there still looking through applications ?
Reply 10
i sent my application a fews days before the deadline on jan.15th but i sent my mini portfolio on about 20th of jan. are you an international or home student? I'm wondering if that makes a difference. When did you send off your mini portfolio?
So I sent my ucas application off on the 18th of December but my mini portfolio on the 27th of December. I'm a home student, I just think due to the number of applications they get,it probably takes them ages to go through it all.
Hi,
I applied to Menswear and Knitwear. I received an email the 27th for an interview for Knitwear on March 27th.
Still waiting on Menswear though.
Any thoughts about knitwear?
By the way, I’m an EU student.
Reply 13
Original post by Rfdevcsjsok
Hi,
I applied to Menswear and Knitwear. I received an email the 27th for an interview for Knitwear on March 27th.
Still waiting on Menswear though.
Any thoughts about knitwear?
By the way, I’m an EU student.

Was your application done through ucas? I’ve submitted mens and knit application on the 14th of January and sent them my mini portfolios but still haven’t heard anything back... I’m an international student but live in London, doing a foundation degree at LCF.
Reply 14
Original post by khgben

hey! have you received an invitation for interviews from CSM yet?
Original post by Santenne
How was your interview, what kind of questions did they ask?

it was interesting, we basically got taken to a room off of the reception and then left our portfolios out on tables. Then we were taken out for an hour and a half tour, where we got to meet loads of students talk about the course. which was really helpful! The administrator showing us round was chatting about how many have been pulled for interview mythbusting alot of rumors about csm being *****y etc.. We were then told because they pulled so little people for portfolio review that we were each going to get a 5 min interview. which apparently they dont normally do ?? i was called in 3rd and asked questions like what course are you on? which college are you at? why fashion? what artists you respect in the industry etc.. then i got to ask a few questions about how much acsess there is too workshops and the creative freedom that you have on the course. everyones interviews were so short, and im really not sure how i did as they gave nothing away. we were told to expect a reply by the end of april, so its gunna be a long wait :frown:
Original post by Santenne
Wow hopefully you get good news after all that waiting, what did you include in your portfolio?

fingers crossed, but im not expecting to get in. Just a mixture of projects and large scale work i have done over my foundation year
I had my interview for fashion print last week...
the wait is killing me as I just want to know if I've been accepted or rejected so I can then work out where I want to go to.
do you know when we are likely to hear back about any decisions?
to my knowledge they finish interviews this week, although several people on my foundation course have not heard about their interviews yet so there may be a second batch of them....
does anyone know how quickly csm are likely to give offers or reject people
Original post by millieeeeee
I had my interview for fashion print last week...
the wait is killing me as I just want to know if I've been accepted or rejected so I can then work out where I want to go to.
do you know when we are likely to hear back about any decisions?
to my knowledge they finish interviews this week, although several people on my foundation course have not heard about their interviews yet so there may be a second batch of them....
does anyone know how quickly csm are likely to give offers or reject people

I over heard one of the head lecturers saying around the end of April? But I also know someone who's just been accepted on to the fine art course and that took about 4/5 weeks to come through. So I'm just trying to not think about it because I know it will take ages for them to reply.When did people on your foundation apply for the course ??
Original post by cerysgratton
I over heard one of the head lecturers saying around the end of April? But I also know someone who's just been accepted on to the fine art course and that took about 4/5 weeks to come through. So I'm just trying to not think about it because I know it will take ages for them to reply.When did people on your foundation apply for the course ??

thats so long! we applied right before the ucas deadline

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending