The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History 1K The making of a Superpower: USA1865–1975 7042/1K -06 Jun 2018

Hi guys! Who's taking the exam on The Making of a Superpower this year? How are you feeling about it?

You can find some AQA A-Level History resources here and the AQA subject content guide here :h:

Scroll to see replies

Feeling very overwhelmed with all the course content!!
Hi, Can you offer me some resources of your own as I lost all my notes and need to start again. Please could you share me your best notes for both AS and A level. Thank you so much!
Original post by CoolCavy
Hi guys! Who's taking the exam on The Making of a Superpower this year? How are you feeling about it?

You can find some AQA A-Level History resources here and the AQA subject content guide here :h:

Hi, Can you offer me some resources of your own as I lost all my notes and need to start again. Please could you share me your best notes for both AS and A level. Thank you so much!
Reply 4
Any predictions?
Reply 5
Original post by antoca
Any predictions?
Gilded age ^^^^
Original post by Bibdid
Gilded age ^^^^

Or possibly the Progressive Era, how progressive are the presidents?
Reply 7
Original post by coreylhughes

Yeah!
My teacher said that's very likely to come up in her opinion. We were advised not to spend too much time on foreign policy 20-75 as 2 of the big questions on that both came up last year. Strengths and weaknesses of the reps and democrats at given periods is also likely to come up I've heard

This came up last year on the AS paper so I doubt it would come up again
How about 'To what extent did the position of African American's improve 1945-75'
Any other predictions? Genuinely stuck for ideas on this one!
Need some predictions I’m so unprepared for this paper
Reply 12
I'm so unprepared too...
How about 'To what extent did the position of African American's improve 1945-75'

This came up last year!!!
So what are you thinking won't come up on the exam tomorrow then?
Good luck everyone today 🍀
Reply 17
Good luck!

I literally only know reasons for Westward Expansion lol
Everyone’s thoughts on the paper...?
Original post by JamesBarber
Everyone’s thoughts on the paper...?

What subjects came up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending