The Student Room Group

BTEC people going to university?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hello1236969
Hes obviously a troll ffs

After I didn't get in I decided to repeat the year but instead do a level 1 applied sciencce btec. This was very sucessful and they allowed me to start lecturing biochemistry and astrophysics at harvard. I was a guest lecturer at imperial recently
Original post by THEGAMECRUSHER
I did a BTEC in sports science and I am currently doing a masters in maths at Cambridge.

Wooooowwwww goalllsss. WORK SLEEP REPEAT 100 100 100
Original post by jsk800

You know the drill... this is how I got an offer lecture biochemistry and astrophysics in harvard from level 1 applied science. I learnt how to label atoms and construct similar chemical formulas and this has been really useful as now lecturing biochemistry has been really easy.
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
You know the drill... this is how I got an offer lecture biochemistry and astrophysics in harvard from level 1 applied science. I learnt how to label atoms and construct similar chemical formulas and this has been really useful as now lecturing biochemistry has been really easy.

I won a nobel prize in science for explaining how sports science is the only subject needed for a career. Enough said, join the course and be like me at the age of 12, a multimillionaire with 2 bitcoins 1 1 1 1
How comes? I did maths further maths and triple science at a levels and achieved 5 A* in that. In GCSE I got 11 A* and I still got rejected. What did you get?

I got a merit in my BTEC and I got 3 A 4B 2C and 3Ds.
Original post by jsk800

1 BTEC in sport science is equivalent to 3 alevels, 1 Olympic gold medal and a masters degree.
Original post by THEGAMECRUSHER
1 BTEC in sport science is equivalent to 3 alevels, 1 Olympic gold medal and a masters degree.

Oh god when she tells you that her BTEC is worth more than your PhD. NUTTTTTT
How comes? I did maths further maths and triple science at a levels and achieved 5 A* in that. In GCSE I got 11 A* and I still got rejected. What did you get?

You didn't get in because you can't understand sarcasm.
Reply 28
Doing btec health and social care level 3 plus extended diploma this year. I got a place doing foundation year social sciences to do youth and community work degree year after. Btec way better than a levels lot less stress and its easier. They prepare you for uni more. With my course you do actual place where a levels don't. Plus tutor's are more supportive n stuff
I did Business BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma and got D*D*D* and I am currently studying Business Management (HRM) at Surrey University
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AnimeCatsMemes
I did Business BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma and got D*D*D* and I am currently studying Business Management (HRM) at Surrey University

Really? I got a pass and got into lecturing at harvard
—-
(edited 6 years ago)
Really? I got a pass and got into lecturing at harvard

Your parents don’t love you
Reply 33
Original post by AnimeCatsMemes
Your parents don’t love you

Haha I like you, it's too true.
My BTEC was 'Extended Diploma in IT', I got a DDD. Just accepted an offer to study Computing and Information Technology at Uni of Surrey.
Original post by NSca1998
My BTEC was 'Extended Diploma in IT', I got a DDD. Just accepted an offer to study Computing and Information Technology at Uni of Surrey.

How comes? shouldn't someone with a DDD go into lecturing PHD students? I got a pass and am now lecturing Biochemistry and astrophysics at harvard, but I guest lecture at imperial sometimes.
how comes? I did maths further maths and triple science at a levels and achieved 5 a* in that. In gcse i got 11 a* and i still got rejected. What did you get?

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss
Original post by ForcomeAnarchist
BTEC Extended Diploma in Science Lvl 3, currently studying Applied Medical Science at UCL.

Hey. How are you finding the course at UCL as I was thinking about doing the same one but don’t know if I should.
You better be prepared to do a lot more work than you did at BTECs 110%. It's definitely not impossible to get a very good grade but as it's a fairly new course you may be frustrated with it's structure but I still like my course. Very content and clinical heavy but definitely not a walk in the park that's for sure. UCL as a uni is very good plus it's in the centre of London. Plenty of things to do and A LOT of societies to take part in :smile:
Original post by Student guest
Hey. How are you finding the course at UCL as I was thinking about doing the same one but don’t know if I should.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending