The Student Room Group

So, how are you feeling about exams?

Poll

How are you feeling about your exams?

I know I know I said that word! But there's a week or maximum two left until the Easter holidays, which is really when you need to start thinking seriously about exams. We've been producing guides to what you need to be doing each month and there is all sorts of advice in the Revision and study tips forum, but ultimately at this point it is down to you!

How are you feeling about your exams? For those that are feeling okay at the moment, any advice for those that aren't? Anything else you think we could do here on TSR to support you all through the next couple of months?

Scroll to see replies

Awful - no confidence whatsoever and everything just seems to be going wrong. Hoping I can pull myself together in time :sad:

This has just re-stressed me, after having a few days to chill and de-stress :lol: I'm so daft hahah
Original post by Protostar
Awful - no confidence whatsoever and everything just seems to be going wrong. Hoping I can pull myself together in time :sad:

This has just re-stressed me, after having a few days to chill and de-stress :lol: I'm so daft hahah

You can do it :hugs: one day at a time. You've got a couple of months and you're absolutely amazing at your subjects, and have the Easter holidays coming up too. Sorry for stressing you again, wasn't the intention :redface:
Original post by furryface12
You can do it :hugs: one day at a time. You've got a couple of months and you're absolutely amazing at your subjects, and have the Easter holidays coming up too. Sorry for stressing you again, wasn't the intention :redface:

I’m trying :dontknow: You’re right, I do still have time, I should try and stress less and instead actually get on with stuff :colondollar: and yeah Easter is soon, I’ll be busy but I’ll try and squeeze some stuff in :redface:
Nah it’s okay, things are okay :yep:
Lol I am so incredibly stressed. I cant even chat properly with parents and friends even in the weekends. I messed up the convo with a girl i like by saying things over and over and always saying " hope our convo is enjoyable" and found her losing interst in chatting with me. For revision, I still have much to cover with IAL physics unit 5 and IAL chemistry unit 5. Further Maths is all done, but I messed up my Jan FP1 and got only a b (lol I am supposed to be quite good at maths, all the material came easy and I easily scraped an A* in single maths last summer.) So I am super worried about further maths and spedning a lot of time in it. I did most of the exercises in the Heinemann book for FP2 and a little for the FP3 book. Planning to do more M2. I MUST get an A* to get into the unis I applied for. Sorry for the ranting.
Absolutely awful.
Any suggestions friends?
Original post by Lordtangent
Lol I am so incredibly stressed. I cant even chat properly with parents and friends even in the weekends. I messed up the convo with a girl i like by saying things over and over and always saying " hope our convo is enjoyable" and found her losing interst in chatting with me. For revision, I still have much to cover with IAL physics unit 5 and IAL chemistry unit 5. Further Maths is all done, but I messed up my Jan FP1 and got only a b (lol I am supposed to be quite good at maths, all the material came easy and I easily scraped an A* in single maths last summer.) So I am super worried about further maths and spedning a lot of time in it. I did most of the exercises in the Heinemann book for FP2 and a little for the FP3 book. Planning to do more M2. I MUST get an A* to get into the unis I applied for. Sorry for the ranting.
*sees thread about exams*
*remembers has to get grades to go to uni*

Me:
[video="youtube;iXHwEwPJcEQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXHwEwPJcEQ[/video]
I think I'm at a BCC atm...Got approximately 1 1/2 months to fix that :sad:
So no, no I def not ready.
aaaaaaarrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'm in Year 12, so I only have mocks but at the moment I'm feeling okay, probably because the reality of the importance of them hasn't hit me yet. I recieved a C and an E in my mocks (doing an art-based subject so my mock is/was today and wednesday, so dont know my grade for that) so I do need to definitely improve by my next exams. Easter for me is all about destressing (my birthday is coming up and Im going out of town like 3 times oops) but also catching up w notes and getting used to studying. To anyone who's too chill at the moment, I would advise them to slowly begin to get in the habit of studyinig every day/every other day, as starting early, even just doing a couple hours a day, is really useful
Reply 11
Original post by furryface12
I know I know I said that word! But there's a week or maximum two left until the Easter holidays, which is really when you need to start thinking seriously about exams. We've been producing guides to what you need to be doing each month and there is all sorts of advice in the Revision and study tips forum, but ultimately at this point it is down to you!

How are you feeling about your exams? For those that are feeling okay at the moment, any advice for those that aren't? Anything else you think we could do here on TSR to support you all through the next couple of months?

I'm in Year 10, preparing for GCSE's/doing final exams for Year 10(first Mocks), with good expected grades(most are at 8). To be honest, some things you just have to be naturally good at, like I am naturally good at Maths, History and Geography. Only advice for them really is to practice a lot. General advice for all exams is to read the question carefully. I only got 79/82 in my last Maths test, because I misread a few questions(and I'm still pissed about it!). For subjects like English and History, just practice writing essays which respond to the question. For science learn command terms. That's it really for GCSE, just practice and read, then answer the question, using question focus, and command terms. Works for most subjects. That's how you can do well. This thread is a good idea btw.
Excited.
Who on earth feels genuinely 'great' about exams? :lolwut:
a bit nervous. but I know I just need to stick to my revision timetable
Awful. It seems like each time I get motivation and organised, I relapse a week later and struggle to do even 30 mins a day without stressing out :frown:
R.I.P to me soon :frown: I am sooo scared. Who feels great about exams ?! :s-smilie:
Original post by buzzyambee
Awful. It seems like each time I get motivation and organised, I relapse a week later and struggle to do even 30 mins a day without stressing out :frown:

I'm exactly the same, horrible cycle to be in :frown:
Reply 18
8 weeks :frown:
Procrastination squad where u @

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending