Can I apply to Student Finance using my current account? Watch

Edwardh2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I'm applying for student finance but its asking for my bank details. Obviously I want to open a student bank account but can't do so until my birthday in late August but I have to apply for student finance before the end of May. So, can I just put my current bank account details in for now? Will there be any chance to change the details to my student account later down the line?

Edward.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Edwardh2000)
Hi,

I'm applying for student finance but its asking for my bank details. Obviously I want to open a student bank account but can't do so until my birthday in late August but I have to apply for student finance before the end of May. So, can I just put my current bank account details in for now? Will there be any chance to change the details to my student account later down the line?

Edward.
Yes that’s fine.

You can update your bank details if need be (although if you get a student account with your current bank they’ll normally just change your current account into a student account so your sort/account number won’t change)
Edwardh2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yes that’s fine.

You can update your bank details if need be (although if you get a student account with your current bank they’ll normally just change your current account into a student account so your sort/account number won’t change)
Thanks!
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Edwardh2000)
Hi,

Edward.
Hi Edward,

You do not need a bank account to make an application.

Apply online to ensure that your support is in place, we will still process applications without bank details.

You can update the bank account details or make changes online once you have one.

Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.37%
It's just nice to be back! (182)
27.49%
Not great so far... (238)
35.95%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.18%

Watched Threads