The Student Room Group

Tips for passing driving test.

Any tips or things to remember for driving test?
Relax and keep calm. Remember everyone on the roads are idiots but you.
I agree, keep calm & drive like you normally would. If you're ready to take the test, you're clearly ready to pass it :smile: Good luck!
Just tagging @AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Learning to drive :smile:
Don't think of it as a test - just another lesson with a new instructor showing them what you have been working on recently.
As said above, relax as best you can. Remember that the driving test can always be retaken if you're unsuccessful - it doesn't have any bearing on which uni or college you get into or affect future career if you don't pass first time. Don't put yourself under unnecessary pressure.
Chew gum when on the test.
Honestly relax, just like a driving lesson except it could be your last! I just passed my driving test today, second time, both times I was relaxed as anything. If you think you fail, don't worry about it, first test I stalled on a hill start and knew I failed. I stalled today pretty much straight away, but just got on with my driving, I wasn't sure if I had passed or failed at the end of the test, but I was delighted when I had found I had passed.

I 100% agree that telling someone to relax is alot easier then the person actually being relaxed, anyways if you don't feel ready when it comes to your test, delay it!
Original post by 13raston2

Remember, red means stop and green means go.
If you make a mistake, just carry on as normal.

I made a mistake on my test thinking it could have been a serious fault but it was only marked as a minor.

Also, think of it as giving someone a lift (to a pretty weird place since the Satnav takes you on a random route to no real destination).
Everyone else is an idiot.

That should just about be the answer to how to drive properly on a test. :biggrin:
Original post by 13raston2

I’m struggling with the same thing. I get too nervous on the day. One my friends had to reschedule his test because he forgot to take his provisional license with him.
Original post by David Kane
I’m struggling with the same thing. I get too nervous on the day. One my friends had to reschedule his test because he forgot to take his provisional license with him.

Well that's a lie, you can't reschedule on the day...he obviously had to pay for a new one, what a moron.
Original post by cbaforcba
Well that's a lie, you can't reschedule on the day...he obviously had to pay for a new one, what a moron.
not sure
He didn't say anything about rescheduling on the DAY, just in general, dunno why you're shouting liar!' :P

Remembering your prov license IS essential though, physically make sure you have it before you set off.

Be confident with the show me/tell me questions, they're only a small part of the test but it can get your anxiety up if you don't get them.

Pretty basic but take your time, more time to react = less stress, i'd rather get a minor for hesitation/caution than a major for rushing into something.

Don't build it up too much in your head, it all depends on the roads on the day really, you might have good luck or bad and can only try your best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending