The Student Room Group

BPTC 2018 intake

Scroll to see replies

Any idea about when ULaw Scholarships come out?
Reply 41
Is UWE any good? I have got an offer from City, UOL and UWE. To me, they are the same. Any ideas if I should UWE?
I’ve only heard good things from friends who did the BPTC at UWE. Apparently there is a high number of students from outside the EU who attend which can cause some language issues but it seems a fairly minor negative.
Has anyone who has a BPP advocacy interview received the exercise?
Original post by Katherinelou23
Has anyone who has a BPP advocacy interview received the exercise?

No I haven't!
Original post by Emily900
No I haven't!

The email definitely says it would be sent out today! They've had loads of issues, hopefully it gets sorted!

Where you doing the BPTC?
The email definitely says it would be sent out today! They've had loads of issues, hopefully it gets sorted!

Where you doing the BPTC?

Bristol I think! You?
Bristol I think! You?

Manchester - just need to accept the offer :biggrin:

Do you or anyone else know when the Vice Chancellor's Scholarship opens? I keep checking daily, just don't want to miss the application deadline for it!
Manchester - just need to accept the offer :biggrin:

Do you or anyone else know when the Vice Chancellor's Scholarship opens? I keep checking daily, just don't want to miss the application deadline for it!

I have no idea - I just keep checking the website haha! Did you apply for any Inn scholarships?
I have no idea - I just keep checking the website haha! Did you apply for any Inn scholarships?

I did yes, I got an interview at Gray's. But despite being told at the interview I'd be contacted regarding the hardship side of the scholarship for more evidence following their recommendation, I wasn't recommended! Bit disheartening but I was told by one of the Barristers, its an arbitrary process and not to think too much about it! So just trying to get the BPP ones (hopefully get the full £5k), and then I want to apply for the Vice Chancellors. If I don't get pupillage or one of the BPP scholarship I'll probably not afford it this year, and will try again next!

Did you apply?
So pleased to have finally received yesterday an unconditional offer from BPP Law school!!!!
Original post by LegallyOlive
So pleased to have finally received yesterday an unconditional offer from BPP Law school!!!!

Congratulations! Where you doing it?
Congratulations! Where you doing it?

Hi I will be at Leeds. Are you also at BPP?
Apparently ULaw scholarships are being released today
Original post by Gym Bunny
Apparently ULaw scholarships are being released today

How do you know this? :smile:
Original post by HelenaSorrows
How do you know this? :smile:

I got a follow up email from them which said that scholarships would be released from 19th March, but still waiting to hear anything from them!
Original post by Gym Bunny
I got a follow up email from them which said that scholarships would be released from 19th March, but still waiting to hear anything from them!

They were indeed released today!
Original post by Rump0le

Can I ask how you know? Did you receive an email? Does everyone who applied get told if they have a scholarship or not?
Original post by Rump0le

Can I ask how you know? Did you receive a scholarship and have they emailed everyone?
Just to clear things up for some people......

BPP have said that the system often puts it as unconditional if you get an offer for them on BARSAS regardless of if you have your degree, but they don't know why.

If you do have your law degree already and get an unconditional, you still have to pass all the requisite BSB components e.g pass the BCAT, join an inn etc.

Hope that clarifies it for some people.

Quick Reply

Latest