The Student Room Group

Oxford MPP 2018

Anyone heard back on the MPP program yet?

Just another 6 days!!
Reply 1
Hi Meeravai,
Nice to meet you. I haven't heard back from Oxford yet. What is your profile, if I may ask?
Reply 2
I completed my undergraduate degree 6 years ago and have been working in the public sector since then. Went to a goodish school, studied urban design, and graduated with a first class.

My hope is that they rank leadership and commitment to public service over academic excellence. I'm not too sure on that part.

What about you?
Reply 3
I graduated in 2014. I am currently working in the office of a Union Cabinet Minister. I have a background in Social Startup, Management Consulting and Public Policy. I hope professional experience is given credence over academic excellence. In any case, all the very best! :smile:
Reply 4
By the way, what is your GMAT/GRE score?
Hey! I just got waitlisted (received an email like 30 mins ago)... anyone knows if anyone gets admitted from the waitlist? I haven't been able to find much from previous years. Thanks!

Regards.
Reply 6
Original post by MPPApplicant2018
Hey! I just got waitlisted (received an email like 30 mins ago)... anyone knows if anyone gets admitted from the waitlist? I haven't been able to find much from previous years. Thanks!

Regards.

Whatttt, I haven´t received anything yet. I also saw in the Grad Cafe two other outcomes!! it´s killing me. :/
Reply 7
Hello, Sorry to ask... but they said that we will all know by today... Am I the only one without an answer? Please any input on my nerves situation? pleasee
Hi! I received an e-mail on Monday saying I was admitted! So far I've heard from people that has been both rejected and admitted and received their answers on Monday as well... Hope you can know your outcome soon and good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by LadySilver
Hi! I received an e-mail on Monday saying I was admitted! So far I've heard from people that has been both rejected and admitted and received their answers on Monday as well... Hope you can know your outcome soon and good luck!

Omg! Now I am very stress out and confused
Original post by LadySilver

Hi LadySilver :smile: Are you planning to accept your offer? Are you a UK or international student?
Hello to everyone! I called BSG today and they said there was a problem with my email (since the 12th) but the wait is now over: I was admitted!

:smile:
Original post by hellopuppy
Hi LadySilver :smile: Are you planning to accept your offer? Are you a UK or international student?

Hi! I will accept the offer, international student!
Congrats SomeFolk! See the two of you in school this September :smile: I’m an international student too :smile:
Original post by hellopuppy
Congrats SomeFolk! See the two of you in school this September :smile: I’m an international student too :smile:

Sure we will!!! let´s keep the high hopes to get funding!!
Hello to everyone, has anyone got any news regarding funding?
Reply 16
Hello everyone! I'm planning to apply to the MPP next year or in 2020. A little bit on my profile: 25 y.o., EU student, With a BA in communications from an Italian university and a MSc in Comparative Politics from the LSE, in the past 1.5-2 years I have been completing multiple internships in the UN and the EU institutions, including on the field in post-conflict countries. I woudl like to ask: what is the general profile of people who apply to the MPP? I see online that many candidates have substantial work experience. I also don't plan to submit any GRE scores, would that disadvantage me in any ways? I would need funding for sure (at least half of the tuition and living costs). If you could share your experiences I would appreciate that. Thanks!
Original post by Isma93
Hello everyone! I'm planning to apply to the MPP next year or in 2020. A little bit on my profile: 25 y.o., EU student, With a BA in communications from an Italian university and an MSc in Comparative Politics from the LSE, in the past 1.5-2 years I have been completing multiple internships in the UN and the EU institutions, including on the field in post-conflict countries. I would like to ask: what is the general profile of people who apply to the MPP? I see online that many candidates have substantial work experience. I also don't plan to submit any GRE scores, would that disadvantage me in anyways? I would need funding for sure (at least half of the tuition and living costs). If you could share your experiences I would appreciate that. Thanks!

Hi there, well I was accepted but did not take the place... 1) regarding profiles take a look a the class profiles of the MPP Oxford web page, I´ll give a pretty look of what are they looking for. 2) I did not submit any GRE records and got both admission and funding... hope this helps you a bit... if you want to send me a DM may be a can give you some advice...
regards...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending