The Student Room Group

Is StuDocu legit and safe? Will I get any penalties from my university?

StuDocu is a online learning and sharing platform for students where students can share study material.
Pretty much, students can sell their old university essays and coursework and StuDocu pays for them (they make money as other students pay for access to it).

I want to upload my coursework from first and second year of university to make some money but I am worried..has anyone else used it before?
Original post by Darkiraa
StuDocu is a online learning and sharing platform for students where students can share study material.
Pretty much, students can sell their old university essays and coursework and StuDocu pays for them (they make money as other students pay for access to it).

I want to upload my coursework from first and second year of university to make some money but I am worried..has anyone else used it before?

As you've already submitted them I can't the issue with it but if any students copy your work then they'll get done for plagiarism as turnitin will pick up on the submission date.
Reply 2
If your work has gone through Turn it in then StuDocu won't even accept it, they run their own plagiarism checks on the work
Reply 3
Original post by zlucyz1
If your work has gone through Turn it in then StuDocu won't even accept it, they run their own plagiarism checks on the work

I don't think this is the case as my friend just uploaded their work and received payment but all their work has gone through turnitin
My university has just issued a statement about Stu Docu...
They've said that posting past exam papers, coursework, lecture slides etc is an infringement on copyright laws and students could face disciplinary action for doing so.
Reply 5
They used the material I uploaded without paying for it. Beware!
Read their TOS

You are full responsible for any copyright problems.
If you upload anything on studocu.com that is not your text, not your image or whatever, you are at risk getting sued.
Studoc is not responsible:

Terms of service from their website:
5.6 If you upload Study Material to the Platform, you guarantee that:

You are the full right holder with regard to the study material and you are entitled to upload it to the Platform and offer it to other users;
The Intellectual Property Rights, including the copyright, to the Study Material is vested in you or you have demonstrable consent of the party in which the Intellectual Property Rights are vested to upload the Study Material to the Platform and to offer it to other users;
The Study Material is not in violation of any laws or legislation and/or does not infringe on any (Intellectual Property) Rights of third parties and/or is not otherwise unlawful towards third parties and/or StuDocu.com;
StuDocu.com will not be held to make any payments in relation to the uploading and use of the Study Material; and
You are exclusively responsible for all licenses and payment obligations to any third party relating to the uploading and use of the Study Material.
Reply 7
Are things so bad for you that you need a few quid from this nonsense?
Reply 8
Yes I agree. Maybe you could upload your own notes such as a book review, However any docs originated from the teachers and the school should be permitted to share before you upload them. Moreover you made them to earn money, which is a commercial behavior and definitely violates their intelligence rights and copyright.
Reply 9
Original post by Darkiraa

I don't recommend uploading because they are ACTUALLY FRAUDULENT. They promise to make the transfer to my account within 48 hours after I upload the notes, but by the time I write this review it has been well more than 100 hours and they still haven't made any transfer. The support is irresponsive.

Even if I am that unlucky person, and other people managed to earn money uploading course notes, it's still not worth the time. their website requires a lot of details about the courses and filling up these can take a long time. I uploaded a whole set of notes from my economics course taking over one hour and they only offered $9.87! Simply not worth the time I invested in. The time taken can be even longer if any scanning is needed.

All in all, POOR COMPANY
Original post by erg01
I don't recommend uploading because they are ACTUALLY FRAUDULENT. They promise to make the transfer to my account within 48 hours after I upload the notes, but by the time I write this review it has been well more than 100 hours and they still haven't made any transfer. The support is irresponsive.

Even if I am that unlucky person, and other people managed to earn money uploading course notes, it's still not worth the time. their website requires a lot of details about the courses and filling up these can take a long time. I uploaded a whole set of notes from my economics course taking over one hour and they only offered $9.87! Simply not worth the time I invested in. The time taken can be even longer if any scanning is needed.

All in all, POOR COMPANY

StuDocu is only meant to provide you with a guide by giving an overview of a given task. I would advice that you only use it for research purpose and not copy pasting the information as that is considered a breach of copyright law.
It's not ethical or moral or legal to sell study material, exam questions, or essays. Pretty much? LOL NOBODY is allowed to sell essays dear.

Quick Reply

Latest