The Student Room Group

maths teacher dying HAIR PINK

So basically I was in maths today and found out another further maths class had a sort of bet thingy going on; If everyone got 8's or above, the teacher would dye his hair blonde.

My friends and I were just joking around and then somehow managed to make a deal that if one of my friend and I got 9's in our GCSE maths, then he would dye his hair pink.

lmao I know he was just kidding around but I really want to prove to him that I can get a 9, at the moment I'm only getting 8A's (I'm in yr10).

Right, so my question is HOW exactly can you obtain a 9? To people who got 9's pls share ALL your tips.
Original post by Ivy.h
So basically I was in maths today and found out another further maths class had a sort of bet thingy going on; If everyone got 8's or above, the teacher would dye his hair blonde.

My friends and I were just joking around and then somehow managed to make a deal that if one of my friend and I got 9's in our GCSE maths, then he would dye his hair pink.

lmao I know he was just kidding around but I really want to prove to him that I can get a 9, at the moment I'm only getting 8A's (I'm in yr10).

Right, so my question is HOW exactly can you obtain a 9? To people who got 9's pls share ALL your tips.

Make sure that you know your specification inside out. Check that you understand your command words (your exam board will provide lists to make sure that you explicitly understand what they mean by those words. Practising past papers will make a huge difference. If your school has access to exam pro they'll be able to make you question papers on the fly with mark schemes provided. There's also things like TES but you'll need to ask your teacher to download things for you.
You just need to keep practising. Be harsh when you mark.
You have plenty of time so it's just constant practice. In maths it's pretty simple because you're either right or you aren't. There's no interpretation. Good luck!

Totally using this as my excuse to stay pink after the summer!
top grades in maths is entirely about understanding concepts. the difficult questions often require original thinking and applying concepts to other areas which may be thought of as unrelated.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Make sure that you know your specification inside out. Check that you understand your command words (your exam board will provide lists to make sure that you explicitly understand what they mean by those words. Practising past papers will make a huge difference. If your school has access to exam pro they'll be able to make you question papers on the fly with mark schemes provided. There's also things like TES but you'll need to ask your teacher to download things for you.
You just need to keep practising. Be harsh when you mark.
You have plenty of time so it's just constant practice. In maths it's pretty simple because you're either right or you aren't. There's no interpretation. Good luck!

Totally using this as my excuse to stay pink after the summer!

Honestly I didn't even read the thread I just read 'teacher' and 'pink hair' :tongue:
Pr3PARE FOR MALE STUDENTS TO GET 77% ON EVERY GRADE COMPARED TO EVERY GIRL TO OFFSET THE EVIL OF DA PATRIARCHY
Original post by CoolCavy
Honestly I didn't even read the thread I just read 'teacher' and 'pink hair' :tongue:

And you thought of me? :^_^:

Original post by crosssafley
Pr3PARE FOR MALE STUDENTS TO GET 77% ON EVERY GRADE COMPARED TO EVERY GIRL TO OFFSET THE EVIL OF DA PATRIARCHY

Umm. Are you okay? :K:
Reply 7
Original post by crosssafley

I'm a bit concerned for you...

Quick Reply

Latest