The Student Room Group

MA Social Work Written and Interview questions

Hi Guys,

I have applied for MA Social Work at the following University .

Royal Holloway University,

Goldsmith University.

Greenwich University

The University of Northampton.

I will appreciate , if I can have idea of what I need to prepare for the written test and interviews.

Help from anyone that has done written assessment and interview for MA Social Work will be useful.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by joaat
Hi Guys,

I have applied for MA Social Work at the following University .

Royal Holloway University,

Goldsmith University.

Greenwich University

The University of Northampton.

I will appreciate , if I can have idea of what I need to prepare for the written test and interviews.

Help from anyone that has done written assessment and interview for MA Social Work will be useful.

Hey! I have one for royal holloway what can I expect from the day?
Reply 2
Hi

I have applied for MA Social Work at the following universities
- The University of East London (UEL)
-University of Greenwich
-London Southbank
-Middlesex
-Brunel

I have been invited to do the test for UEL in a couple of weeks time and a selection for Brunel University next month in January.
Original post by laydeem1
Hi

-University of Greenwich
-London Southbank
-Middlesex
-Brunel

I have been invited to do the test for UEL in a couple of weeks time and a selection for Brunel University next month in January.

Hello!

Nice to hear that you are interested in studying with us here at Middlesex :smile:
I am doing a Masters here and I am having a great time. There is so much to get involved in, from sports, to societies, to volunteering and jobs on campus!
It is a great place and the atmosphere is extremely welcoming :smile:

In terms of MA Social Work, this programme offers an accelerated route to becoming a professional social worker for highly motivated recent graduates or for career changers looking for new challenges and opportunities :smile: You will be able to develop into an excellent and valued social worker with the capacity to work in all statutory social work settings and in a wide variety of private and voluntary workplaces in the UK and abroad. You will also be able to take advantage of high quality placements in both adult and children’s services including a final 100 day placement in a statutory social work setting!

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Ludovica
Reply 4
Original post by laydeem1
Hi

-University of Greenwich
-London Southbank
-Middlesex
-Brunel

I applied to
Middlesex
Brunel
London metropolitan
London Southbank
Goldsmith

Middlesex called me for a literacy test over the weekend so waiting for results
London met have called me for an interview in feb
Brunel have asked for my BA degree and GSCE results
Goldsmith said no
Haven’t heard from Southbank

What’s the update with everyone else?
Reply 5
Original post by shebak
I applied to
Middlesex
Brunel
London metropolitan
London Southbank
Goldsmith

Middlesex called me for a literacy test over the weekend so waiting for results
London met have called me for an interview in feb
Brunel have asked for my BA degree and GSCE results
Goldsmith said no
Haven’t heard from Southbank

What’s the update with everyone else?

Hi!

I applied to royal holloway, goldsmiths, brunel and kingston.
Got an offer from Goldsmiths, and i have an interview for the rest. Could you please help with the Brunel one? What to expect?? Thanks!
And good luck!
I've had two different written tasks at my university interviews. One was reflecting and the other was summarising and analysing. I wouldn't worry too much about preparing for the written tasks as every university will have a different way of dealing with things.

The interview questions are usually ones that you expect, at my most recent interview the course leader said something along the lines of ''the questions are not there to trick you but to instead to show your understanding.'' Think about why you want to be a Social Worker and the skills you possess.

I've applied to

University of Sheffield (Interview invite)
Lancaster University (Offer)
University of Lincoln (Interview invite)
Anglia Ruskin (Interview invite)
University of York (Yet to hear back)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi,I wanted to ask what to expect in the literacy test, couldYou pleas give me some Info? Thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Ambzz
Hi,I wanted to ask what to expect in the literacy test, couldYou pleas give me some Info? Thanks

For which Uni?
Reply 9
Original post by shebak
For which Uni?

Hey,

Middlesex, any advice?
Original post by Ambzz

Hello!

This might be helpful:
http://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/archive/social-work/documents/social-work-interview-and-assessment-documents

Good luck!
Ludovica
Reply 11

Hey,

Thanks I have already got that x
Hi can I ask how your interview went for goldsmith
Fingers crossed for your other choices
Reply 13
Hey! I recieved an offer from them and honestly, their interview wasn't very difficult. Pretty straight forward!
The give you a writing task of an article which I think its just to see whether you are able to write an essay properly. Then a group interview which is to discuss a question/opinion they state so just make sure yiure actively lisstening and you join in. Then a role play nce in the interview which isnt so bad its just acting like you're on the phone to a distressed person. then an interview with all the basic questions really- why this course, experience, managing stress
Good luck!!!

Original post by rachel332
Hi can I ask how your interview went for goldsmith
Fingers crossed for your other choices
Hi Thanks for informing me , what you have stated is very helpful.
Reply 15
I’m interested in Middlesex University.How many days are you in for first / second term ?
Reply 16

Hello, everyone, I applied for masters in social work and I am invited for an interview and written test (Literacy test) on the 5th of March at Kingston University London, am wondering if anyone knows what will be asked of the literacy question? Has anyone attended one before? please help me out. thanks

Reply 17
Original post by Fadbi
I’m interested in Middlesex University.How many days are you in for first / second term ?

I’m trying to find out the same thing, let me know if have already found out. I want to know for the MA.
Reply 18
Original post by shebak
I’m trying to find out the same thing, let me know if have already found out. I want to know for the MA.

I still haven’t found out most likely it is full time. I guess everyone’s hopefully received an offer by now. So not long left!
Hi there I have been called for a literacy at Middlesex what would I expect? Or what should I prepare on? Really need some hints as I really want to get in this uni, Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest