The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

loughborough uni foundation courses

I am a 16 old footballer (female) currently studying the IB programme outside the UK and have an interest in your university in 2019. I am not a high achieving student at school and therefore have decided that looking into foundation courses is probably the most realistic option for me. I am interested in what it takes to be considered an 'elite athlete' and how those living in different countries are able to display their sporting ability to your university.
Original post by ayamirjan
I am a 16 old footballer (female) currently studying the IB programme outside the UK and have an interest in your university in 2019. I am not a high achieving student at school and therefore have decided that looking into foundation courses is probably the most realistic option for me. I am interested in what it takes to be considered an 'elite athlete' and how those living in different countries are able to display their sporting ability to your university.
Hallo there.:wavey:

I've moved your thread into the Loughborough University forum.:biggrin:

@Loughborough University may be able to tell you about some of the foundation courses they offer.:smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Hi ayamirjan
First of all what is it that you are looking at studying? Some of our foundation courses have higher entry grades than others.
I know you are outside the UK but are you in the EU or an international student?
All our foundation courses are here. If you are an international student from outside the EU, you would have to look at the International foundation options eg: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/foundation/sport-international-foundation-studies/ which has entry requirements of 30 IB points.

If you are an EU student you could apply for http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/foundation/sport-foundation-elite-athletes/ which is also 30 IB points

Our definition of elite athlete is:

Students competing in their sport at junior international level or higher (or expecting to do so in the next 12 months) who wish to study at Loughborough, but do not have the required qualifications due to sporting commitments

You would have to get in touch with [email protected] to see how you would prove your ability to qualify.

If you have any more questions, just ask but hope this gives you a bit of info you need to start off with.

Vicky
Do you think if I did the 3 year bsc computer science course without placement I can still get a job after? Say also if I had internships during these years as well
also does it get quieter on the weekends or is the campus quite active by having events?
Reply 5
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi ayamirjan
First of all what is it that you are looking at studying? Some of our foundation courses have higher entry grades than others.
I know you are outside the UK but are you in the EU or an international student?
All our foundation courses are here. If you are an international student from outside the EU, you would have to look at the International foundation options eg: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/foundation/sport-international-foundation-studies/ which has entry requirements of 30 IB points.

If you are an EU student you could apply for http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/foundation/sport-foundation-elite-athletes/ which is also 30 IB points

Our definition of elite athlete is:

Students competing in their sport at junior international level or higher (or expecting to do so in the next 12 months) who wish to study at Loughborough, but do not have the required qualifications due to sporting commitments

You would have to get in touch with [email protected] to see how you would prove your ability to qualify.

If you have any more questions, just ask but hope this gives you a bit of info you need to start off with.

Vicky

Thank you for all the information.
I also wanted to ask how it would work for international students who have completed 13 years of education rather than just completing 12 and needing that extra year as a foundation course. Can they still do a foundation course?
Thank you for all the information.
I also wanted to ask how it would work for international students who have completed 13 years of education rather than just completing 12 and needing that extra year as a foundation course. Can they still do a foundation course?

Hi ayamirjan

The best thing to do is to contact [email protected] and they will be able to tell you everything you need to know.

VIcky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending