The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Digital Interaction Design/ Product Design/ Interior & Environmental Design

I'm applying for the interior and environmental design course and this is all the guidance they give: https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/ho...ign-portfolio/

I was wondering if anyone knew if A2 would be a good display size and how many sheets of A2 should I submit (is there a minimum and maximum). Ask do we even give them a physical copy or a pdf file.

PS. I have an in interview where I am required to bring in my folio on the 26th of February.
Reply 1
For Product Design, I submitted an A3 portfolio of about 80 pages online and they gave me their offer without getting me in for an interview. At 80 pages, the portfolio that I submitted was dangerously close to going over their file size limit even after I went through every page and shrunk each picture's quality to make the overall file size as small as it could be. I'd guess if you didn't do that, you'd only be able to submit 25 pages, if even.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by RiseOfThePandas
I'm applying for the interior and environmental design course and this is all the guidance they give: https://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/ug/ho...ign-portfolio/

I was wondering if anyone knew if A2 would be a good display size and how many sheets of A2 should I submit (is there a minimum and maximum). Ask do we even give them a physical copy or a pdf file.

PS. I have an in interview where I am required to bring in my folio on the 26th of February.

Hi there,

My name is Chandni and I study Interior Design at Sheffield Hallam. For you Portfolio although A2 is a good size to present things, it is not necessarily great to transport. I am in the process of applying for Interior Design placements and my A3 Portfolio has been perfect, it is a reasonable size for an employer or interviewer to look through at a desk and to best represent my work. I also printed my portfolio for applying to university at A3. As well as bringing a few of my actual art pieces or models to interview which went down well with my interviewer.

In terms of page number, around 30 Pages is probably the maximum I would show. Any more than that and they will most likely not look any further because they have a lot of applications to look through, and that way you can show all your best work. Make sure that each project or piece of wok you put in there is showing a specific skill, and if you have pieces that show the same skill, may think of only showing one of those pieces of work.

I hope that helps! If you have anymore questions feel free to ask,

Thanks

Chandni
Has anyone heard back from interior design?
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi there,

My name is Chandni and I study Interior Design at Sheffield Hallam. For you Portfolio although A2 is a good size to present things, it is not necessarily great to transport. I am in the process of applying for Interior Design placements and my A3 Portfolio has been perfect, it is a reasonable size for an employer or interviewer to look through at a desk and to best represent my work. I also printed my portfolio for applying to university at A3. As well as bringing a few of my actual art pieces or models to interview which went down well with my interviewer.

In terms of page number, around 30 Pages is probably the maximum I would show. Any more than that and they will most likely not look any further because they have a lot of applications to look through, and that way you can show all your best work. Make sure that each project or piece of wok you put in there is showing a specific skill, and if you have pieces that show the same skill, may think of only showing one of those pieces of work.

I hope that helps! If you have anymore questions feel free to ask,

Thanks

Chandni

Thankyou so much I'm sure this advice will be helpful to many others as well.
Original post by Spiderplants
Has anyone heard back from interior design?

Nope and its making me nervous!
Nope and its making me nervous!

same! do you know where they'll reply?
Hi @RiseOfThePandas and @Spiderplants,

If you have already attended a selection event or submitted a portfolio of work for consideration then normally 2 weeks.

I would suggest that you both contact Admissions on 0114 225 4251 to check your application status.

Anymore questions, let me know
Bridget
Thankyou so much I'm sure this advice will be helpful to many others as well.

Hi there,

I am glad that you found that helpful. Have you already had your interview with Sheffield Hallam? Let me know if you have nay more questions.

Thanks

Chandni

Quick Reply

Latest