The Student Room Group

No Money after uni

My question is why do girls bother with uni? All my mates (even those who went to Oxford) are living in a shoe box in London with a child and no money to enjoy. Meanwhile you see these young girls who are sugar babies flying first class on instagram. What is the point with working hard in school? I hear of strippers buying a mercedes all the time, but dont know one person with a graduate job who can afford a car like that?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dignifieddeath
My question is why do girls bother with uni?

Are you being serious?
Original post by DrawTheLine
Are you being serious?

yes i am serious indeed. it is disheartening to find out glamour models are making far more money than anyone who went to uni
Fortunately there are women who have respect and dignity. They do not fall into your subset of those who become sugar babies and insta models.
Original post by rickyrossman
Fortunately there are women who have respect and dignity. They do not fall into your subset of those who become sugar babies and insta models.

what respect does someone who lives in a shoe box in london have? they are sadly treated like dirt
what respect does someone who lives in a shoe box in london have? they are sadly treated like dirt

Select a profitable degree and you don't have to worry about under/unemployment.
Reply 6

They have self-respect which is most important! They don't have to sell their body to be happy. I'd much rather be educated and poor than uneducated with little or no self-respect and rich.
Original post by Bham369
They have self-respect which is most important! They don't have to sell their body to be happy. I'd much rather be educated and poor than uneducated with little or no self-respect and rich.

Give me a break the average girl who works a minimum wage job in London especially has a load of one night stands with random broke men from tinder. They have no more self respect than a stripper, the strippers are just smarter and prettier than them
Reply 8
Give me a break the average girl who works a minimum wage job in London especially has a load of one night stands with random broke men from tinder. They have no more self respect than a stripper, the strippers are just smarter and prettier than them

Tell me where did you find that bit of information out?
Reply 9
Original post by rickyrossman
Select a profitable degree and you don't have to worry about under/unemployment.

That’s such BS...a profitable degree nowadays does not exist. No degree guarantees you a job right at the end of it and not straight away. No matter what degree you do you are laden with £40K+ debt and still have to job hunt and tailor application after application to try and find a job that pays graduates at least over £21K, which isn’t even great pay. There’s far too many graduates and not enough jobs, you could do accountancy, business, financing, nursing, and still struggle to find suitable work in your area.
Original post by Lily048
That’s such BS...a profitable degree nowadays does not exist. No degree guarantees you a job right at the end of it and not straight away. No matter what degree you do you are laden with £40K+ debt and still have to job hunt and tailor application after application to try and find a job that pays graduates at least over £21K, which isn’t even great pay. There’s far too many graduates and not enough jobs, you could do accountancy, business, financing, nursing, and still struggle to find suitable work in your area.

You're a nihilist... Business and finance are useless degrees and are far from profitable...

A profitable degree does exist... Medicine, nursing, accountancy, computer science and engineering degrees significantly decrease the chance of graduate unemployment. In fact there are over 5,000 jobs for junior/graduate software engineers out of a total of 20,000 software jobs. Medics will always get an FY1 placement. Don't know how nursing works but NHS is screaming for doctors and nurses. In fact we've had to open 5 more medical schools to accommodate for the short supply of doctors. NHS is also recruiting overseas aswell.

Student debt is not real debt. Doesn't go on your credit file. Bailiffs don't knock your door down if you can't pay. Infact you only start paying once you earn £21k or more...Its a graduate tax...

Interestingly for all of those degrees I mentioned apart from accountancy, you can earn a decent salary without a graduate scheme.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bham369
Tell me where did you find that bit of information out?

I have friends in London, cos no guy (under 30) wants to settle down these days or get married they end up having loads of one night stands
Strangely, the females I know who went to uni aren't like this...
Original post by Tiger Rag
Strangely, the females I know who went to uni aren't like this...

they probably live with their parents or have a long term boyfriend or are married
they probably live with their parents or have a long term boyfriend or are married

my sister didn't
Original post by Tiger Rag
my sister didn't

are you saying your sister is a virgin? if she is she must be a muslim
are you saying your sister is a virgin? if she is she must be a muslim

What a bizarre comment

We're not Muslims and not all females sleep around.

Some females are capable of working for a living you know.
I have friends in London, cos no guy (under 30) wants to settle down these days or get married they end up having loads of one night stands

Not true I know plenty of guys under 30 who want nothing more than to settle down. And you can not generalise the fact that your friends have a lot of one night stands to everyone!
Original post by Bham369
Not true I know plenty of guys under 30 who want nothing more than to settle down. And you can not generalise the fact that your friends have a lot of one night stands to everyone!

Yes but these guys want to settle with a perfect 10 who is earning a high wage which is hard especially in London when just starting out. Look at that beached whale Nabela noor on youtube, her parents are rich (she bought an lv bag) and hey presto she gets married. The men in my gym wouldnt look twice at someone like her #facts
Yes but these guys want to settle with a perfect 10 who is earning a high wage which is hard especially in London when just starting out. Look at that beached whale Nabela noor on youtube, her parents are rich (she bought an lv bag) and hey presto she gets married. The men in my gym wouldnt look twice at someone like her #facts

Not necessarily. Some guys just want a nice girl who is able to look after herself and is pretty much independent . You just need to know how to look for them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending