The Student Room Group

Migrant worker status

Hello guys. I just want to ask a couple of questions regarding my Migrant worker status and application. I initially received a form which i completed and sent over. Then they sent another set of paperwork which i had to complete along with a list of further things i needed to provide. A few things are a bit confusing to me and i called them multiple times to ask but the answers seem to conflict.

First of all they asked me to provide a p60 from 2016/17. I cannot provide that as i was not in employment in 2016. I started working on the 22nd of September 2017 and have continued until now. What am i supposed to do since i cannot somehow access a p60 for that year. I asked my employer and he said naturally that he cannot provide one for that year as i started working in September.

Second i am on a Zero hour contract but on average work about 20 hours per week. The paper says they need a confirmation letter from my employer proving that my contract is accurate. But that would mean the letter from my employer would prove the contract wrong as it states zero hour but i work about 20 per week. What kind of specifics am i supposed to ask my employer for?

Payslips are available, as well as a letter confirming my continuous employment.

If there's any form of help that someone can provide regarding my issues thanks in advance.
Original post by yanbear
Hello guys. I just want to ask a couple of questions regarding my Migrant worker status and application. I initially received a form which i completed and sent over. Then they sent another set of paperwork which i had to complete along with a list of further things i needed to provide. A few things are a bit confusing to me and i called them multiple times to ask but the answers seem to conflict.

First of all they asked me to provide a p60 from 2016/17. I cannot provide that as i was not in employment in 2016. I started working on the 22nd of September 2017 and have continued until now. What am i supposed to do since i cannot somehow access a p60 for that year. I asked my employer and he said naturally that he cannot provide one for that year as i started working in September.

Second i am on a Zero hour contract but on average work about 20 hours per week. The paper says they need a confirmation letter from my employer proving that my contract is accurate. But that would mean the letter from my employer would prove the contract wrong as it states zero hour but i work about 20 per week. What kind of specifics am i supposed to ask my employer for?

Payslips are available, as well as a letter confirming my continuous employment.

If there's any form of help that someone can provide regarding my issues thanks in advance.

Hi Yanbear,

When did you start your course?

Thank you,

John.
Reply 2
Original post by John B SFE
Hi Yanbear,

When did you start your course?

Thank you,

John.

My course started on the 4th of October 2016.
Original post by yanbear
My course started on the 4th of October 2016.

Hi Yanbear,

Thanks for answering that.

I just have 1 more question if that's alright.

Have you been receiving Tuition Fees as an EU student from year 1 until now?

Thank you,

John.
Reply 4
Original post by John B SFE
Hi Yanbear,

Thanks for answering that.

I just have 1 more question if that's alright.

Have you been receiving Tuition Fees as an EU student from year 1 until now?

Thank you,

John.

Yes i have.
Original post by yanbear

Hi yanbear,

If you have applied previously as EU applicant and wish to change to Migrant Worker status, you should complete a PN1 form and send this to us with relevant evidence. You must send your original ID again even if this was sent for the EU applications.

You can change from being assessed as an EU student to Migrant Worker at any time during the course as long as you were resident in England on the first day of the first academic year.

Along with the other evidence that you are sending, as you are on a zero contract we need the letter from your employer, as it will confirm the hours and terms of which you work if this is not confirmed on your contract of employment as you are on a zero hour contract.

Thanks Rona
Reply 6
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi yanbear,

If you have applied previously as EU applicant and wish to change to Migrant Worker status, you should complete a PN1 form and send this to us with relevant evidence. You must send your original ID again even if this was sent for the EU applications.

You can change from being assessed as an EU student to Migrant Worker at any time during the course as long as you were resident in England on the first day of the first academic year.

Along with the other evidence that you are sending, as you are on a zero contract we need the letter from your employer, as it will confirm the hours and terms of which you work if this is not confirmed on your contract of employment as you are on a zero hour contract.

Thanks Rona

Thanks for all of this information. I have already gathered the above but my question about my P60 remains. So basically here's what i am trying to understand: I was requested to send in the following. My Original Passport. My Payslips for the past 3 months. My year 2016-17 P60. Confirmation letter from employer of continuous work. My contract which is 0 hour so along that a letter from employer confirming how many hours i work per week(?). My problem is that i don't have a p60 for that year because i did not work. What do i do with the p60 is my problem.

Also my bad i forgot to mention, this is for a maintenance loan, not for tuition fees. My apologies if this made it more confusing.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by yanbear
Thanks for all of this information. I have already gathered the above but my question about my P60 remains. So basically here's what i am trying to understand: I was requested to send in the following. My Original Passport. My Payslips for the past 3 months. My year 2016-17 P60. Confirmation letter from employer of continuous work. My contract which is 0 hour so along that a letter from employer confirming how many hours i work per week(?). My problem is that i don't have a p60 for that year because i did not work. What do i do with the p60 is my problem.

Also my bad i forgot to mention, this is for a maintenance loan, not for tuition fees. My apologies if this made it more confusing.

Hi yanbear,

You only need send a P60 if you have one, the letter from employer confirming the hours that you work along with your payslips and ID.

You will receive a P60 though at the end of the tax year, April 5 which is only a couple of weeks away.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending