The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway or University of Westminster for Management with Marketing?

I'm an international student who will start college in 2018 september. This will be my second university so I should choose wisely. I have offers from Brunel, Royal Holloway, Surrey and Westminster. I visited the schools last week so now my final decisions are Royal Holloway and Westminster, I can't choose which one. Westminster is in central which is amazing for me, and it's easy to graduate, who doesn't love to be more flexible? But overall it's not a great school, my old school was so much better on rankings. And there is Royal Holloway, amazing campus, prestigious, but way too far from London.. Also intimated by Royal Holloway, for some reason people tell me that it's so hard pass classes there.
Can you help me with my question?? Thank you so much !!
Original post by sude20
I'm an international student who will start college in 2018 september. This will be my second university so I should choose wisely. I have offers from Brunel, Royal Holloway, Surrey and Westminster. I visited the schools last week so now my final decisions are Royal Holloway and Westminster, I can't choose which one. Westminster is in central which is amazing for me, and it's easy to graduate, who doesn't love to be more flexible? But overall it's not a great school, my old school was so much better on rankings. And there is Royal Holloway, amazing campus, prestigious, but way too far from London.. Also intimated by Royal Holloway, for some reason people tell me that it's so hard pass classes there.
Can you help me with my question?? Thank you so much !!

Hi sude20,

It's great to hear you are interested in studying with us!

I'm a recent graduate from Royal Holloway and was also an international student so I understand your concerns. I never felt that the university was too far from London and being close to the city was one of the most important things for me when choosing my university.

There's a direct train that gets you to London Waterloo in 40 minutes and I was often in the city for my course to see performances, attend galleries or just to have a day out with friends. When I wanted to have a quieter weekend, I was happy to stay on campus and explore the local area. There's loads of shopping and restaurants in Egham and in Staines next door as well as Thorpe Park and Windsor Castle for more adventurous days out. In the spring, my friends and I used to go to Virginia Water Lake where we would have picnics or take a stroll around the lake. You really can get the best of both worlds at Royal Holloway if you want it.

As far as course work, every student is different and there's support for you if you ever need it from either your department or our Centre for the Development of Academic Skills (CEDAS).

If you'd like to speak to a current student, you can start a conversation with Emily on our website. She is a final year Management with Marketing (Year in Business) BSc student and she'd be more than happy to discuss how she found the course with you. You can chat to her here.

If you have any other questions for me, please just let me know!

Susana :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi sude20,

It's great to hear you are interested in studying with us!

I'm a recent graduate from Royal Holloway and was also an international student so I understand your concerns. I never felt that the university was too far from London and being close to the city was one of the most important things for me when choosing my university.

There's a direct train that gets you to London Waterloo in 40 minutes and I was often in the city for my course to see performances, attend galleries or just to have a day out with friends. When I wanted to have a quieter weekend, I was happy to stay on campus and explore the local area. There's loads of shopping and restaurants in Egham and in Staines next door as well as Thorpe Park and Windsor Castle for more adventurous days out. In the spring, my friends and I used to go to Virginia Water Lake where we would have picnics or take a stroll around the lake. You really can get the best of both worlds at Royal Holloway if you want it.

As far as course work, every student is different and there's support for you if you ever need it from either your department or our Centre for the Development of Academic Skills (CEDAS).

If you'd like to speak to a current student, you can start a conversation with Emily on our website. She is a final year Management with Marketing (Year in Business) BSc student and she'd be more than happy to discuss how she found the course with you. You can chat to her here.

If you have any other questions for me, please just let me know!

First of all, thank you so much for your reply
Your response had been a crucial factor for my decision, I opted Royal Holloway as my firm choice!! ❤️
Looking forward to studying in this amazing university next semester. (:
Original post by sude20
First of all, thank you so much for your reply
Your response had been a crucial factor for my decision, I opted Royal Holloway as my firm choice!! ❤️
Looking forward to studying in this amazing university next semester. (:

Hi sude20,

That's so great to hear, congratulations!:yay:
I wish you the best of luck with your studies and look forward to having you on campus in September!

In the meantime, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Are there part time job oppurtunities in egham for international students? As I have heard there is no industrial growth in egham and hence less exposure as Royal holloway is in town.
Reply 5
I have studied in Rhul for a year and tbh egham is nothing like london. If you want a job near your uni , choose a uni based in london. Let me know if you have any questions about westminster or rhul
Is rhul a good uni? How did you find it?
Did it met your expectations? Will I get exposure there? As i have got scholarship from there And i am quite confused that shoul I go to rhul or not? Please help me out.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sjaved235
Is rhul a good uni? How did you find it?
Did it met your expectations? Will I get exposure there? As i have got scholarship from there And i am quite confused that shoul I go to rhul or not? Please help me out.

Unfortunately living in Egham wasn't for me so I left. I'd say if you really want to be in London, don't go Rhul. It's so far away. I finished my second year in Westminster, the modules are similar with Rhul but some exams were difficult than Rhul in Westminster.
No Comparison - Royal Holloway is in a different league
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending