The Student Room Group

Government Economic Service summer 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I did my interview for the Treasury this week and received an offer 2 hours after - I'm surprised it is taking you guys 2 weeks to hear back. I'm thrilled though, it's basically my dream economics internship :smile:
Wow congratulations! Do you have any tips for the interview?

Original post by eniet
I did my interview for the Treasury this week and received an offer 2 hours after - I'm surprised it is taking you guys 2 weeks to hear back. I'm thrilled though, it's basically my dream economics internship :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by aylin12344
Wow congratulations! Do you have any tips for the interview?

I mean, there's not much to it - know your basic econ concepts, know how to apply them, the usual stuff. Mathematics is nothing special, having essay writing skills definitely helps though. I thought the process was very fair - if you know your stuff, it's unlikely that any one thing is going to trip you up. You get a lot of opportunities to show you knowledge and understanding which is great. Don't be too nervous, just relax and it'll go fine.
Thank you. Congratulations again!!!

Original post by eniet
I mean, there's not much to it - know your basic econ concepts, know how to apply them, the usual stuff. Mathematics is nothing special, having essay writing skills definitely helps though. I thought the process was very fair - if you know your stuff, it's unlikely that any one thing is going to trip you up. You get a lot of opportunities to show you knowledge and understanding which is great. Don't be too nervous, just relax and it'll go fine.
Received an offer from the Department for Transport today, about a week and a half after my interview. Can't wait!
Original post by readingbedding
Received an offer from the Department for Transport today, about a week and a half after my interview. Can't wait!

Same, got an offer today for the department of transport exactly a week after my interview.
Is this internship paid?
Original post by jessica123456
Is this internship paid?

Yes, the pay depends on what department you are working in
Original post by Londonevans
Yes, the pay depends on what department you are working in

Ok, thank you.
Reply 29
Has anyone heard back from the treasury? I had my interview early March but havent heard anything yet.
Original post by ann97
Has anyone heard back from the treasury? I had my interview early March but havent heard anything yet.

Yeah I havnt heard back either from them
Reply 31
Original post by thahir97
Yeah I havnt heard back either from them

Same here! I emailed this week to ask when I should hear (because when I left she said second week of April) but they replied saying by the end of April.
Reply 32
Original post by Butchyboy
Same here! I emailed this week to ask when I should hear (because when I left she said second week of April) but they replied saying by the end of April.

Oh great to know! i do wish they'd hurry though i'd rather know as i don't have any other internships i could alternatively do
Original post by ann97
Oh great to know! i do wish they'd hurry though i'd rather know as i don't have any other internships i could alternatively do

When it comes to communications, they are worse than most IBs imo
Original post by ann97

I haven't heard back either, wonder how long it will take

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending