The Student Room Group

Is it discrimination for a male to choose a female as a partner?

surely this should be stopped, ie. men choosing women as partners as this discriminates against gays and transgenders?

Scroll to see replies

Alright, get some sleep
And everyone should date TSRians otherwise they’re discriminating against social introversion and the terrible predicament of those who have 147 A*s and still cry about not being good enough for Oxbridge.

See, radical feminism means we can all be winners.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by So-Sarah
surely this should be stopped, ie. men choosing women as partners as this discriminates against gays and transgenders?

In a literal sense, yes.

But practically speaking...
Reply 4
in that case, how comes its not banned, I mean sure it's about time that hetero men should be encouraged to pick male partners instead
in that case, how comes its not banned, I mean sure it's about time that hetero men should be encouraged to pick male partners instead

People can't choose who they are attracted to and there is no reason to enforce which partners people can have (in this context).
Reply 6

Are you serious, or you just exaggerating the mindset that preferring a race is discrimination as a parody? :confused:

Some men (me) prefer to tap the real holy land, not a fake. You can't just sue a person because they want to tap their correct biological mate.
People don't choose a partner based on their sex, they choose a partner based on attraction. If a man is only attracted to people of the opposite sex that doesn't make it discrimination. It's no more discrimination than picking the best people for a job if all those chosen happen to be female.
Definition of discrimination : the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

I don't see how
men choosing women as partners

constitutes into unjust or prejudicial treatment if you like the female more.
Where does it end? Should we all start calling discrimination against anyone who rejects us? Short guys claiming discrimination against their height, blonde people claiming discrimination against their hair colour or brown eyed people claiming discrimination against their eye colour? The possibilities for shouting "discrimination" are endless, but as you can see, many of these claims can be ridiculous.
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
Definition of discrimination : the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

I don't see how

constitutes into unjust or prejudicial treatment if you like the female more.

it's not fair to not give a man a shot at your ******* at least once
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Where does it end? Should we all start calling discrimination against anyone who rejects us? Short guys claiming discrimination against their height, blonde people claiming discrimination against their hair colour or brown eyed people claiming discrimination against their eye colour? The possibilities for shouting "discrimination" are endless, but as you can see, many of these claims can be ridiculous.

The first example is actual discrimination ngl - it aligns pretty well with the definition

it's just considered acceptable
I think the OP is taking the piss.
Original post by Andrew97
I think the OP is taking the piss.

I bloody hope so or we are all doomed.
Original post by enoughinsolence
I bloody hope so or we are all doomed.

Even if she is, others won't be. ;p

The species would be doomed if the majority didn't procreate and we 'discriminate' all the time.

Honestly, people should stop being so neurotic and get a life.

Ahahaha she’s trolling but this country is so brainwashed and bonkers with political correctness that people actually take it seriously.
Reply 17
I should have known it would be you making this thread :rolleyes:

At any rate i've moved it to society.
Reply 18
Original post by SHallowvale
People can't choose who they are attracted to and there is no reason to enforce which partners people can have (in this context).

that's a BS argument because peolple have sex all the time with people they aren't attracted to - try again please
Reply 19
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
Some men (me) prefer to tap the real holy land, not a fake. You can't just sue a person because they want to tap their correct biological mate.

but you can sue them for not giving you a job if you are gay or ugly - so how does that work out - double standard right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending