The Student Room Group

Muslim gfs sexual history bothers me

I’m currently dating a Muslim girl and am Muslim myself. My past sexual history and relationships have all been with Muslim females. My current gf just told me she’s had relationships in the past with white an black men which has completely put me of her I don’t know why this bothers me so much. I guess deep down I feel that her having made the choice to sleep with men who are not of the same race as a turn off. It feels as if she’s made a conscious choice to be with men outside her race and makes me feel she is only with me because it’s an obligation that she has to marry a Muslim man eventually rather than because she wants to be with me. Don’t know whether I should continue the relationship. Would appreciate feedback from Muslims only

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I’m currently dating a Muslim girl and am Muslim myself. My past sexual history and relationships have all been with Muslim females. My current gf just told me she’s had relationships in the past with white an black men which has completely put me of her I don’t know why this bothers me so much. I guess deep down I feel that her having made the choice to sleep with men who are not of the same race as a turn off. It feels as if she’s made a conscious choice to be with men outside her race and makes me feel she is only with me because it’s an obligation that she has to marry a Muslim man eventually rather than because she wants to be with me. Don’t know whether I should continue the relationship. Would appreciate feedback from Muslims only

Astaghfirullah. You're both a racist & zina committer.

Fix up mate. Allah frowns upon this.
Wont bother to offer advice, but imagine if someone posted this and it said white or Christian and they were complaining about someone having slept with a Muslim.

Being muslim is not a race. You are aware that there are many black muslims right? There are also many white muslims. It sounds like your issue is that she may have dated non-religious people, rather than people of different races. If so, we can only assume that this is your insecurities projecting onto her - she's dating you because she likes you (I assume), but her honesty about her previous relationships has made you doubt yourself. I think you need to work on your own self-confidence rather than worry about her sexual past.

EDIT: I'm not a muslim, but I don't see how having muslim-only responses will help; I imagine most of them will scream HARAM rather than actually answer your questions.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4

'I feel that her having made the choice to sleep with men who are not of the same race as a turn off'

Wow dude, wow. :sigh: Quite an outdated mindset of interracial relationships. I don't understand how that's a turn-off... If her qualities outweight that turn-off, stay. If it bothers you that much, you could break up.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bezoar
Being muslim is not a race. You are aware that there are many black muslims right? There are also many white muslims. It sounds like your issue is that she may have dated non-religious people, rather than people of different races. If so, we can only assume that this is your insecurities projecting onto her - she's dating you because she likes you (I assume), but her honesty about her previous relationships has made you doubt yourself. I think you need to work on your own self-confidence rather than worry about her sexual past.

EDIT: I'm not a muslim, but I don't see how having muslim-only responses will help; I imagine most of them will scream HARAM rather than actually answer your questions.

i miss snape , your picture made me shed a tear
Ultimately your preferences are your own and there's no much advice to give here. Either you are happy to accept that others (your gf included) have wider varieties of sexual preferences than you do, or you do not accept this. Whether this relationship proves successful likely depends on if you're you happy to accept it? The tone of your post suggests not so there is your answer.
Original post by Ray_Shadows
i miss snape , your picture made me shed a tear

He misses you too :kiss: :colondollar:
Where are you guys even from, region wise?
Lol break up with her. You'd be doing her a favour. She can definitely do better and you can go find a "Single Muslim female who only has past relationships with Muslim males".
Original post by JDieMstr
Lol break up with her. You'd be doing her a favour. She can definitely do better and you can go find a "Single Muslim female who only has past relationships with Muslim males".

died. thought after you said break up with her you'd be on op's side. Then you smashed him :rofl:.
Original post by 999tigger
Wont bother to offer advice, but imagine if someone posted this and it said white or Christian and they were complaining about someone having slept with a Muslim.

Look I'm muslim myself and I agree. There is a lot racism in the muslim community. which is sad because all religions if I'm not mistaken teach racism to be sinful. @999tigger
now to the muslim, firstly since your a muslim I think you should be worrying about yourself and your sins. the second thing you should be worrying about is your perception of people based on their race. In islam we are taught, an Arab is no better than a non-arab, a black is no better than a white and vice versa except for his good deeds. What is wrong with with the fact that your girls been with someone that dosnt look like her. I think it's the differences that make us decent humans.

it's 2018 and were still judging each other on something we cannot control. 😣
Original post by Bang Outta Order
died. thought after you said break up with her you'd be on op's side. Then you smashed him :rofl:.

Ahahah the only type of people who would agree with this guy are probably narrow-minded and self-entitled guys like himself.
The relationship is haram in the first place
it wouldn't bother me as much if she'd been with a Muslim who was black or white but the fact shes chosen to sleep with non muslim men of other races makes me think she has a preference for a certain lifestyle that i wouldn't be able to accept. ultimately i feel she may be choosing me to please her own family rather than me being her first choice in partner due to her past choices
Reply 15
Original post by Bezoar

^^True Story. You are going to get alot of muslims saying it's Haram.

Anyway, why does it bother you so much who's she's dated? You need to take a closer look at yourself. Noone's perfect.

You are dating her NOW, not her past. Get over it. If it bothers you so much, dump her. Save her the heartache. She chose you for a reason and that was because she liked you, stop being so picky over the little detail over who she's dated, she told you in confidence and she probably didn't have to tell you.

If anything I respect people who date outside their religion, because I know how difficult it can get in an interracial relationship.
If you had a massive willy and were a true bedroom badass black men wouldn't make you feel insecure.
Reply 17
lol you're intimidated by the fact that she prefers white men to your own kind

get over yourself. she chose you now. and her history is none of your damn business.
Low effort poor troll who ticks all the boxes.
whatever you do don't get married

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending