The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Official 2018 Oxford Postgraduate Offer Holders

As the Cambridge offer holders discussion has already been started I thought I would start one for Oxford. Talk about accommodation, funding, and what you’re looking forward to doing!

I have a place to study and law & finance and now waiting to hear from colleges :biggrin:

Congratulations to everyone else!!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

DPhil Engineering Science
My Qualification:
BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by adamantacademic
My Qualification:

Congratulations!! :smile:
Original post by TheLawLlama
Congratulations!! :smile:

Hi, what's your first degree/ did you go to Oxbridge for it?
Also congratulations for your offer too!
Has anybody doing the MPhil in Development Studies heard anything about funding decisions yet?
College: Somerville (for now?)
Qualification:
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by adamantacademic
My Qualification:

Hi, have you received an offer letter from the EngiSci department yet? I received one from college I applied to (Somerville) but not the department. I contacted the department and they said they'd be sending official letters out this week. Was wondering if you had received yours.

Congratulations btw!
Anyone heard from MPhil Modern British History?? (Or any other History courses for that matter?)
Any offers for Modern British History yet??
MPhil Politics (European Politics and Society)
Qualifications:
BSocSc Politics & International Relations from Uni of Manchester
Reply 10
DPhil in Cyber Security with EPSRC fees funding.
Qualifications:
BSc International Studies (Montreal)
MA (Dist.) International Peace and Security (London)
LLM cand. Public International Law (Leiden)

Now waiting to hear from a college. How long did it take for you between the grad school offer and the college offer?
MSt Medieval History :smile:
College ????
Funding ????
Reply 12
MPhil Development Studies
- Waiting to hear re: college and funding
- qualification: BA International Dev Studies

Original post by jjohn1776
Has anybody doing the MPhil in Development Studies heard anything about funding decisions yet?

Really hoping we hear back from funding soon. There was no mention of it on my offer letter, except that I will be considered for whatever I am eligible for. I have a fully funded offer elsewhere, but Oxford is the dream (I didn't expect at all to get in - and still can't believe it - but now that I'm in, I realized how badly I wanted to go here). So now I have some pretty hard decisions to make!
Hi guys :biggrin:

Course: DPhil Clinical Medicine (conditional offer for a 2:1 or above)
College: Unknown (applied for Jesus)
Funding: Unknown (not aiming for any)
Qualification: BSc Molecular Biology (UCL)
(edited 6 years ago)
Course: MSc in Sociology
College: No preference / No clue yet
Funding: Waiting impatiently.
Qualifications: BBA in HRM (2.1), MSc in Organisational Change and Development (Manchester, 1.1)
Reply 15
Hi all,
I decided a little late to apply to Oxford, so just submitted my application in time for the March deadline (MSc Education and Child Development). It said it would take 10 weeks to hear whether I'v been successful or not. Did it say this at all stages (i.e for those who applied earlier than March)? And does it actually take 10 weeks? I already have an offer from Cambridge for a similar course, but ideally would like to know the Oxford outcome so I can make a decision. Thanks and congrats to all you offer-holders!
Original post by simski
Hi all,
I decided a little late to apply to Oxford, so just submitted my application in time for the March deadline (MSc Education and Child Development). It said it would take 10 weeks to hear whether I'v been successful or not. Did it say this at all stages (i.e for those who applied earlier than March)? And does it actually take 10 weeks? I already have an offer from Cambridge for a similar course, but ideally would like to know the Oxford outcome so I can make a decision. Thanks and congrats to all you offer-holders!

It did say the decision would take 8-10 weeks. It took exactly 8 weeks after the deadline in my case. I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by mscsocioapp
It did say the decision would take 8-10 weeks. It took exactly 8 weeks after the deadline in my case. I hope this helps :smile:

Thank you :smile: It's so hard to decide as the courses are slightly different and both would be fascinating for me!
Yeah the wait to hear about funding is a killer. Have you received your college offer yet?

Original post by bexieck
MPhil Development Studies
- Waiting to hear re: college and funding
- qualification: BA International Dev Studies

Really hoping we hear back from funding soon. There was no mention of it on my offer letter, except that I will be considered for whatever I am eligible for. I have a fully funded offer elsewhere, but Oxford is the dream (I didn't expect at all to get in - and still can't believe it - but now that I'm in, I realized how badly I wanted to go here). So now I have some pretty hard decisions to make!
Reply 19
hi everyone. congratulations on having received your offers! I have a question to ask you about my situation.

on 22 March I received a conditional offer for the new MPhil in Socio-Legal Research. I'm an international applicant currently reading an MPhil at Cambridge and the condition of the offer is that I hand in its transcript by 31 July. the problem is that my current program ends 31 August, so I can only submit the transcript after that date. this means I might not receive an unconditional offer before that date.

I've e-mailed the Law Faculty about this yesterday, but I want to know if anyone here has ever heard of a similar situation. is there alternative to the transcript requirement? what do you suppose that I do in this situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending