The Student Room Group

Do you really think ouija boards work?

If not then explain reasons

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Got Milk

No, they don't. I did it once with my friends when we had a little gathering. Nothing happened, therefore its bs.
Reply 2
I don’t know but I’m white girl in a horror movie enough to want to try it.
i only did it once.... the message said

Spoiler

i have never been tempted to meddle with dark forces again :afraid:
Reply 4
No they don't, and I don't think I even need to provide a reason, I assume everyone knows

As in contacting the dead? No, because if they did, someone would have won a Noble Prize or two using them.

As in making people pay quite a bit for a board with some printing on and a pointer? Yep, it's made plenty of money. Which is what it was intended to do.
Aren’t they made by the same people that make monopoly or some other board game like that :laugh:
Reply 7
Ehhh i think it's possible; my dad told me a story about it once. He said when he was a teenager he and his friends decided to try it, they lit candles and everything. They asked a few questions, none of which he could remember, but after a while, he said the toughest and most rebellious of their 'friend' group suddenly walked out. When he confronted him about it, he said whilst trembling that he saw an eye in the candle...
Idk, i believe it, but i'd never try it myself. I feel like there's a lot more to this world than what we think, but that could just be me being cryptic ^_^
Reply 8
Original post by cat_mac

Same les do it.
Reply 9
Original post by jdddd
Same les do it.

Worst case scenario we inspire a “real life ghost stories” type biopic of our tragic deaths. Worth it. :iiam:
Reply 10
Original post by cat_mac
Worst case scenario we inspire a “real life ghost stories” type biopic of our tragic deaths. Worth it. :iiam:

And our families become rich off thos those films positives for everyone.
Reply 11
I used this one once and was far too spooked to continue :afraid:

Spoiler

Some jury folks used it for a trial decision, if it worked, the law would have allowed it ;p
Original post by cat_mac

Do it. You also need a black guy and incompetent cops, and a deformed inbred 3rd cousin who comes out to 'play' with his axe if you awaken him with the ouija board.
Yes. My friends and I were all about 6 years old when my uncle bought in a Ouija board and we all sat down and did it. The ghost spelled out "show your penises to uncle Terry".
Reply 15
No.
No
Not a bit. It is likely caused by the Ideomotor effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_phenomenon
Reply 18
Original post by jestersnow
Not a bit. It is likely caused by the Ideomotor effect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_phenomenon

Nah, it's loads of Caspers having a Royal Rumble in me Nan's old whisky tumbler.
Original post by unprinted
As in contacting the dead? No, because if they did, someone would have won a Noble Prize or two using them.

As in making people pay quite a bit for a board with some printing on and a pointer? Yep, it's made plenty of money. Which is what it was intended to do.

Tbh if it could actually contact the dead it should be the type of thing only multi-millionaires could afford.

Quick Reply

Latest