The Student Room Group
Original post by Kina11
Hi, I've got unconditional offers from both Uni East London (Child Psychology) and London South Bank (Psychology - Child Development). I've been to the Open Day and Offer Holder Days for each and I like both of them. Any advice on which to pick?

The one with the more interesting course.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
The one with the more interesting course.

Honestly wishing it was that easy but both have very similar courses. Everything about them is similar
Original post by Kina11
Honestly wishing it was that easy but both have very similar courses. Everything about them is similar

Highly unlikely. There will be minor differences which unis tend to highlight ton their websites or that you can dig out with some research.
Reply 4
Original post by Kina11
Hi, I've got unconditional offers from both Uni East London (Child Psychology) and London South Bank (Psychology - Child Development). I've been to the Open Day and Offer Holder Days for each and I like both of them. Any advice on which to pick?

Hi there, what uni did you pick in the end and are you happy there? I have to choose between LSBU and UEL for psychology
Reply 5
I picked LSBU 😋 I really enjoy it here, although mind you a lot of other students don't. I like the days as well, you get 3 days of uni per week and the lectures and seminars are only 2 hours long. So basically it's just 4 hours a day at uni 9:00-1:00. First years get Monday, Wednesday and Thursday (unless this changes by the time you come). There's enough help from professors but trick is that you have to ask for it, a lot of students don't which is why they don't get the help they need.

Also, if you do well enough in first year then you get the chance to apply for Erasmus Project. That's a scheme where you can travel abroad to an EU country, for Psychology the university is partnered with University of Padova in Italy. If I'm being honest, this was the main reason I chose LSBU, I just need to hope they accept my application😅

The social environment here is pretty lively tbh (it's probably the same with UEL too though). The societies and clubs here are decent, I haven't been to enough to tell you for sure. Some societies are pretty hyper but others are dead so it varies depending on who's running them or what the subject of the society is. Facilities here a kinda up to date too, if you do psychology then you'll be working on computers in every Research Methods seminar. The computers do the job but are slow as hell.

I can't remember the pros and cons of UEL, sorry. So yeah, you'll need to research that a bit more and make a decision.

Also little tip if you choose student accommodation at LSBU, go for the building called McLaren House, it's the best out of the options they'll give you 😉

Latest