The Student Room Group

CPS Legal Trainee Scheme 2018

Hi

I’m just starting this thread for anyone who may have applied for the CPS Legal Trainee Scheme.

I completed my tests last night and my application is now “on hold”....

Scroll to see replies

Hello,

I've applied this year too. Completed the tests last night and the application is on hold.
If you don't mind me asking, I was wondering if you had any idea about scores?

I didn't do terribly well in the SJT (58), but was pleased with verbal reasoning (99).
Well done done on the verbal reasoning 👍
I got 82 on SJT and 78 on verbal. The SJT seems to always produce random results!!

I think as long as you progress to the next stage (hopefully we will!) the individual scores won’t matter too much.
Brilliant results, well done!
I'm confident those scores will see you through to the video interview stage.

I'll keep you posted about how I get on. The SJT may have dragged my score down, so that I don't progress any further.

Absolute best of luck!
Thank you! You’ve done really well too. 99% is very impressive!

Best of luck to you too!! I think your SJT score will be sufficient to get to video interview :smile:

I’ll keep you updated too.

What locations have you opted for? I’ve opted for Liverpool, Mold and Manchester.
Reply 5
Hi all. Manchester applicant here (pupillage). Fingers crossed for the next round!
Original post by rsq1789
Hi all. Manchester applicant here (pupillage). Fingers crossed for the next round!

Good luck!! I’m applying for the training contract.
What were your scores if you don’t mind me asking :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by LittleMissSassy
Good luck!! I’m applying for the training contract.
What were your scores if you don’t mind me asking :smile:

You too! 82 in verbal reasoning, 66 in SJT.
Just saw a tweet from CPS saying 1700 applications had been received. I expected higher volumes 🤔
Reply 9
Just saw a tweet from CPS saying 1700 applications had been received. I expected higher volumes 🤔

Would be interesting to know how many of those are for pupillages and how many for training contracts.
Reply 10
Hello everyoneI also submitted my app for LTS Didn’t do that well in my tests. 54 and 48 percent. The posts which make up the 30 are for pupillage and TC. I wonder how long after they let us know about the video interview. Anyone already work for CPS?
Original post by STLAW
Hello everyoneI also submitted my app for LTS Didn’t do that well in my tests. 54 and 48 percent. The posts which make up the 30 are for pupillage and TC. I wonder how long after they let us know about the video interview. Anyone already work for CPS?

Hopefully soon! I think the deadline is 11 April for video interview submission.

I don’t work for the CPS but I’m a civil servant at the Home Office in Litigation.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
Hopefully soon! I think the deadline is 11 April for video interview submission.

I don’t work for the CPS but I’m a civil servant at the Home Office in Litigation.

Nice! Home Office seems interesting I’ve looked into applying there! I’m also a Civil Servant but for the CPS.
Original post by STLAW
Nice! Home Office seems interesting I’ve looked into applying there! I’m also a Civil Servant but for the CPS.

It’s really interesting work. I deal with immigration and asylum and really enjoy it. Where are you based? I work in Liverpool and seems to be a lot of Home Office presence there.

How’s life at the CPS?
Hello everyone. I also applied for the LTS. Does anyone know what the pass mark is for the SJT? I met the minimum standard although I only scored just over 40%. Did much better on the verbal reasoning (93%) but am wondering if they’ll still be considering the SJT scores when inviting for the video interview?
Original post by Lawyer2be123
Hello everyone. I also applied for the LTS. Does anyone know what the pass mark is for the SJT? I met the minimum standard although I only scored just over 40%. Did much better on the verbal reasoning (93%) but am wondering if they’ll still be considering the SJT scores when inviting for the video interview?

As far as I am aware they will consider both scores. So you’d need to be over the threshold for SJT and the verbal. I don’t think they actually tell you what the pass mark is - it’s just a matter of wait and see.

That’s my understanding of the process but I’m happy to be corrected!
As far as I am aware they will consider both scores. So you’d need to be over the threshold for SJT and the verbal. I don’t think they actually tell you what the pass mark is - it’s just a matter of wait and see.

Oh ok thanks! Fingers crossed for everyone!
Reply 17

As long as you passed both tests it won’t matter on the scores. They will now consider CVs. So don’t worry if anyone scored higher than you on the tests, as long as you pass.

:-)

Fingers crossed for everyone !
Reply 18
Original post by Lawyer2be123

As long as you passed the tests you have have the same chance as everyone else regardless of how high you score :-)
Original post by STLAW
As long as you passed the tests you have have the same chance as everyone else regardless of how high you score :-)

We won’t know if we’ve passed yet though until we receive a further email with confirmation.

Although you may have met the minimum standard they will collate all the scores and determine the mark required to pass. Sadly reaching the minimum standard doesn’t guarantee a place for the video interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending