Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Honour's classification question

This is from the handbook for my course:
"

Final awards Honours classification
Calculation of overall classification grade for Honours classification(Bachelor’s Degree)
NOTE: (Throughout sections D6 and D7 the word ‘average’ shall be read as ‘arithmetical mean’.)
The Programme Board of Examiners will determine for each candidate: the average numeric grade of the best 90 credits at Level 6 or higher and the average numeric grade of the best remaining 30 credits at Level 5 or higher;a combined numeric grade from a weighted average of (i) and (ii) (that is, 75% (i): 25% (ii)); the candidate’s Honours classification will be considered on the basis of this combined average numeric grade."

Does this basically mean that only the average of your best grades from level 6 and level 5 are used to determine your honours classification?
Original post by Phillipo57
This is from the handbook for my course:
"

Final awards Honours classification
Calculation of overall classification grade for Honours classification(Bachelor’s Degree)
NOTE: (Throughout sections D6 and D7 the word ‘average’ shall be read as ‘arithmetical mean’.)
The Programme Board of Examiners will determine for each candidate: the average numeric grade of the best 90 credits at Level 6 or higher and the average numeric grade of the best remaining 30 credits at Level 5 or higher;a combined numeric grade from a weighted average of (i) and (ii) (that is, 75% (i): 25% (ii)); the candidate’s Honours classification will be considered on the basis of this combined average numeric grade."

Does this basically mean that only the average of your best grades from level 6 and level 5 are used to determine your honours classification?

Yes, that's right! The best 90 credits of Level 6 and the best 30 at Level 5. You can predict your grade and best 90/30 credits if you use a tool like gradestracker.com in conjunction with your module guides!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the info! Does this include dissertation as well? My dissertation for final year is worth 30 credits, so if that goes well that could be a good impact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending