The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Msc Strategic Marketing Imperial College London

Hi,
Has anyone gone for their interview yet at Imperial College London for Msc strategic marketing?
What sort of questions are they asking this year?
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll do it on Friday :smile:If you do it before that, could you share your questions? :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by jookie_
I'll do it on Friday :smile:If you do it before that, could you share your questions? :smile:

Oh ok. Haven't yet submitted mine yet as I was waiting for all the results. Please let me know how it goes and what questions they ask
Reply 3
Hi!

I am about to do my interview for the next intake for MSc Strategic Marketing at Imperial too.
I was wondering if you could share what kind of questions they asked this year?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, was wondering if u did your interview? would be of great help!
Reply 5
Hiii, was wondering if you did your interview? what kind of questions do they ask? Would appreciate any help :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by saraosz
Hiii, was wondering if you did your interview? what kind of questions do they ask? Would appreciate any help :smile:

Hey! Yes I did, and I got an offer :smile:

Well they asked really unexpected questions. I can't remember them all but these are the ones I remember:
- what has been your most proudest achievement to date?
- how would you introduce yourself to a panel of interviewers despite your nerves?
- then they asked one question about what's needed in a marketing plan (this was the only question related to marketing)
- written: draft an email to a company that has offered you an internship in 350 words or more. You are still waiting to hear from another company that you are hoping to have an internship with but you don't want to lose the offer from the other company.

That's all I remember, sorry! But I genuinely hope it helps :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by zimjazz

Well they asked really unexpected questions. I can't remember them all but these are the ones I remember:
- how would you introduce yourself to a panel of interviewers despite your nerves?
- then they asked one question about what's needed in a marketing plan (this was the only question related to marketing)
- written: draft an email to a company that has offered you an internship in 350 words or more. You are still waiting to hear from another company that you are hoping to have an internship with but you don't want to lose the offer from the other company.

Thank you so much! it does help a lot and congratss on your offer, will let u know if i get one haha
Reply 8
Original post by zimjazz

Actually, I'm a bit curious on how that written question could be answered? hahah
Reply 9
Original post by saraosz
Actually, I'm a bit curious on how that written question could be answered? hahah

You're welcome and I hope that you receive an offer too :biggrin:

To be honest, it was really tough. When i read that question i was really put off because I didn't even know what to write! But be careful, cause I made the mistake of pressing the space bar (which will start the timer) before I even had any idea of what I was going to write. So I lost a little time because of that.

Basically, I didn't finish my question, but I tried to make it as grammatically correct as possible without any spelling mistakes.

I wrote about how I was extremely thankful and honoured to be offered for the position but if it was possible for me a week to make my decision (I really minted this part lol because I also wrote how the position will help me learn new skills, sharpen my skills and work in an environment that will give me insight into the industry). I also wrote if they required any other documents from me.

The my timer cut out so I didn't have an opportunity to finish that question. Gave myself a mental kick for that.

The written question really isn't something you can prepare I guess. Maybe just learn to type faster? haha

I hope that helps!
Reply 10
Original post by zimjazz
You're welcome and I hope that you receive an offer too :biggrin:

To be honest, it was really tough. When i read that question i was really put off because I didn't even know what to write! But be careful, cause I made the mistake of pressing the space bar (which will start the timer) before I even had any idea of what I was going to write. So I lost a little time because of that.

Basically, I didn't finish my question, but I tried to make it as grammatically correct as possible without any spelling mistakes.

I wrote about how I was extremely thankful and honoured to be offered for the position but if it was possible for me a week to make my decision (I really minted this part lol because I also wrote how the position will help me learn new skills, sharpen my skills and work in an environment that will give me insight into the industry). I also wrote if they required any other documents from me.

The my timer cut out so I didn't have an opportunity to finish that question. Gave myself a mental kick for that.

The written question really isn't something you can prepare I guess. Maybe just learn to type faster? haha

I hope that helps!

haha true that! Well, I'll try to do my best. Thanks again for your help!
Original post by zimjazz

HEY! Congratulations on your offer! Could you please tell me how long did Imperial take to send you the offer after completing your interview?
Reply 12
Original post by 86Student
HEY! Congratulations on your offer! Could you please tell me how long did Imperial take to send you the offer after completing your interview?

Hey! Thank you very much!
They made the offer after 8 weeks :smile:
Original post by zimjazz
Hey! Thank you very much!
They made the offer after 8 weeks :smile:

Oh waw 8 weeks! Did you have a personal positive feedback on how you did on your interview?
Reply 14
Oh waw 8 weeks! Did you have a personal positive feedback on how you did on your interview?

Yea, I was going crazy waiting to hear back from them! Unfortunately they don't give feedback on interviews.. well they didn't give me any feedback but I don't think there's no harm in emailing them and asking for feedback
Original post by zimjazz
Yea, I was going crazy waiting to hear back from them! Unfortunately they don't give feedback on interviews.. well they didn't give me any feedback but I don't think there's no harm in emailing them and asking for feedback

haha I feel you! Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Hey guys! Any updates concerning your Strategic Marketing application?
Reply 17
I havent heard anything from them since my interview, which was a month ago :/ have u?
Same here, my interview was exactly a month ago! However, I've read that Imperial takes 6-8 weeks to reply so I think everything is normal so far and the decisions deadline for round 2 is on April 13th so we have to wait around 2 more weeks to get the results.
Reply 19
Same here, my interview was exactly a month agoo! However, I've read that Imperial takes 6-8 weeks to reply so I think everything is normal so far and the decisions deadline for round 2 is on April 13th so we have to wait around 2 more weeks to get the results.

Hmmm well we wait then haha. Didn’t have the most positive feeling about my interview though, have you? And have you applied anywhere else? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending